Overview: What are we talking about?
Report Cards are a fun and useful feature in Gingr that your customers will love. They allow you to share photos, videos, and detailed information about their pet's stay with the pet parent.
This article includes:
- How to create a report card
- Report cards for past reservations
- Viewing a Report Card
- Editing a Report Card
- Related articles
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Only pets that are currently checked in, or that were checked out today will appear on the Create a Report Card page.
- To create a report card for a reservation that has been checked out, see the section in this article on how to do that.
- If you leave a section on the report card blank, it will not appear on the report card when the customer receives it.
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
How to: Create a report card.
You can create a report card from several places in your app when they are checked in:
From the Animal Profile Page:
- Click on the Animal's name anywhere in the app to view the Animal's profile page.
- From there click on Reservations.
- Locate the reservation that you would like to send the report card for, and click on the Actions Menu and then + Create Report Card.
From the Dashboard:
On the dashboard you can click on either the blue "+" under the Report Card column, or click on the Actions button next to the Animal's name. Either action will send you to the Report Cards page where you can add a new report card or view one previously made.
From the Report Cards Tab (Heart Icon):
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Report Cards » New Report Card. Once on the Create a Report Card page, you can enter photos and details about the pet's stay. It is up to you whether you fill out all or only some of these sections.
Report Card for Past Reservation (Checked Out)
- Search for the guest and navigate to their profile page.
- Click on the Reservations tab.
- Find the reservation for the report card.
- Click on the Actions button and then Create Report Card.
Viewing a Report Card
Once the report card has been created, you can view it to preview what the customer will see. There are a few ways to find the report card:
- Left-hand Navigation: Report Cards » View Report Cards
- Animals Profile Page - Search for the pet to find their profile, click on the Report Cards tab.
- Dashboard - In the Checked-In or Going Home Today sections, there is a Report Card column that will tell you the date and time that the last report card was created for this pet. If you click on the date/time, it will take you the report card where you can view it before to sending it to the customer
- Left-hand Navigation: Report Cards » View Report Cards. Click on the Edit button next to an un-sent report card.
- Dashboard - In the Checked-In or Going Home Today sections, there is a Report Card column that will tell you the date and time that the last report card was created for this pet. If you click on the date/time, it will take you the un-sent report card section where you can edit it before to sending it to the customer
FAQ: Check this out!
How does a customer view their pet's report card?
Your customers can view any of their pet's past report cards by signing in to their account on the customer side of the app.
Navigate to Photo/Video » View Report Cards.
Find the reservation the report card was created for and selecting View Report Card.