Overview: What are we talking about?
Immunization Types in Gingr can be set up as required or optional, and a species can be specified for each one. In this article, you will learn how to set up Species and Immunization Types. All of the related system settings and user permissions are described at the end of this article.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you get started.
You must be in the admin user group to set up immunization types.
If you are looking for information on updating an animal's immunization records, click here.
- If you have an immunization type that is required for one species and optional for another species, you will want to create two distinct immunization types. E.g. Canine Bordetella (required) and Feline Bordetella (optional).
Set it up: Let's get started.
Step 1: Set up Species
- Navigate to: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Species.
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the Name of the species you want to add.
- Click the Save or Save and Add Another button.
Step 2: Set up Immunization Types
Now that the species have all been configured, you can set up all immunization types that you require at your facility.
- Navigate to: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Immunizations.
- Scroll down to Immunization Types.
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the Type or name of the immunization.
- Select whether it is required.
- Select the Species that it applies to.
- Click the Save or Save And Add Another button.
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Immunizations.
|Require valid immunizations check-in||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), the Dashboard will check for valid immunizations at check-in.||This setting is set to 'yes/on' by default.|
|Use intl date picker immunizations||If enabled, the immunization feature will provide 3 drop-down menus to select Month/Day/Year. If disabled, the immunization feature will provide a text box which must be entered in MM/DD/YYYY format.|
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation and Appointment Requests.
|Require valid immunization records before customers can request reservations||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), customers have to provide valid immunization records before they can request a reservation online.|
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System Email.
|Send Vaccination Reminder Email||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), emails will be sent to customers whose pets vaccination records will expire within 30 days, or have already expired.|
|Global Email||Enable this setting if you would like emails to be sent from Gingr.||This setting controls all sent from Gingr. If turned off, no emails will be sent from Gingr.|
Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups
|Notification: Reservation Request Blocked For Expired Immunizations||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), these users will be notified if a customer tries to make a reservation request online, but is denied, due to having expired or missing immunization records. You can then follow up with these customers.||customers will only be denied requesting their reservation if the associated System Wide Setting "Require valid immunization records before customers..." is set to 'yes/on.'|
|Can override immunizations||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), these users are able to override the expired immunization error message on the new reservation page to complete booking the reservation.||This permission is turned off by default.|
|Can manage immunizations||If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), these users are able to manage (update) pets' immunization records.|