Overview: What are we talking about?
Once your customer submits a reservation request from the customer portal, it will show up on your Dashboard under the Requested Section. You then have several options from this point.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- You can configure user groups of your choice to receive a notification when customers create new reservation requests: Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups. Choose a group to receive notifications and then click the Actions Menu to Edit the group and turn on the Notification: New Reservation Request.
- You can have the system send a reminder within X amount of days prior to the reservation automatically. To do this:
- Visit Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System Email and turn on the Reservation reminder Email.
- and/or visit Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System SMS and turn on the New Reservation SMS.
- When a service is requested from the customer portal this service will show on the facility calendar as a placeholder. If the reservation is rejected by staff this service will then be removed from the facility calendar.
How to: Accept or Reject Online Reservations.
Accept and Confirm
This means the reservation request is good to go and will not require a future confirmation from the customer. It will not show up in the Unconfirmed
section prompting you to email or text the customer for confirmation prior to the reservation and will appear in the Expected
section on the day that the customer is scheduled to check-in. Once confirmed, the customer will receive an email letting them know that their reservation is confirmed.
Accept and Don't Confirm
This means that the reservation is good to go, but you want to require a future confirmation from the customer. This means that it will show up in the Unconfirmed section 7 days before the pet is expected to check-in. The purpose of this is to hold the spot on the calendar, but allow the business to confirm the reservation with the customer closer to the reservation date.
Add to Wait List
If you need to, you can add the reservation request to the waitlist.
You can choose to allow customers to add their reservation to the Wait List from the customer portal if your facility is at capacity for the requested date(s). To configure, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Customer Interaction Settings and turn on the Allow customers add to wait list setting.
You can also send customers an automated email or SMS when their reservation has been added to the waitlist.
- To configure email, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System Email and turn on the NEw Wait List Reservation Email.
- New Wait List SMS.
If you would like to reject the reservation for any reason, you can do that here. A window will pop up asking you to provide a reason for rejecting the reservation.
You can also automatically email the customer when you reject their reservation. To configure this, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System Email and enable the Reservation Rejection Email.