Overview: What are we talking about?
In Gingr, you can mark services as complete, to help you track which services have been done and which have not.
This article includes::
- Checked-In Section of the Dashboard
- Facility Calendar
- Services by Date Report
- Reservations Details Page
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- There is a setting on the Admin » Locations page called charge for incomplete services. If enabled, services are still charged for at checkout even if the service has not yet been marked as complete. If disabled, services must be marked as complete in order to carry charges.
How to: Mark a service as complete.
From the Dashboard
- Navigate to Checked In section of Dashboard and click on a service in the Services column of the reservation you are updating.
- Click the check mark to mark this service as complete.
Note: Green check mark indicates that the service has been marked as complete.
Once marked as complete, a success message appears in lower left of your screen.
From the Facility Calendar
- Find the appointment that you are wanting to mark as complete on the facility calendar, and click on it:
- The Edit Services panel will open with all scheduled services for that scheduled time on the calendar. From here, you can click Mark All As Complete if there are multiple services that you have completed, or you can mark each one complete as you go.
- You will receive a green Success message at the bottom of the screen to indicate that this service has been marked as complete.
From the Services by Date Report
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reports & More » Reports » Services by Date.
- Enter the Criteria and click Generate Report.
- Either click Mark All as Complete to mark all services complete at once, or to mark a single service as complete, select Mark as Complete from the Actions menu.
From the Reservation Details Page
- Navigate to the Reservation Details Page by clicking on the name of the reservation (on the Dashboard, or from the Reservations tab of the Owner or Animal's page).
- Click on the Services tab.
- Select Mark as Complete from the Actions menu.
FAQ: Check this out!
Why is a service not showing up on the receipt/invoice, but it is marked as complete in reports?
If you find that a service is not appearing on an invoice/receipt, despite showing as completed in a report, it may be because the service was not marked as complete prior to the receipt being generated, but instead after the pet was checked out.
Receipts are point-in-time snapshots - they don't change after being made. For example, if a service was still marked as incomplete on 3/7/15 when the receipt was generated, it won't reflect a service marked complete on 3/10/15.
How to fix this problem for a past invoice/ receipt:
Please feel free to submit a support ticket if you need us to go back and correct a receipt on which a service was omitted. We will be happy to help you.
How to fix this problem for the future:
If you are not confident that your staff will always mark services as complete before the customer is checked out, or you choose to forego marking services as complete altogether, you may configure your settings to allow charges for incomplete services. That will mean that, at checkout, your customers will be charged for all services they reserved (so long as they are not cancelled), regardless of whether the services are marked as complete.
To Allow Charges for Incomplete Services:
- Navigate to Locations: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Locations.
- Select Edit Location from the actions menu.
- Scroll down and select yes. Then click Update and go back one page.