Overview: What are we talking about?
This feature allows you to edit parts of some transactions from the Owner Details page through the Invoices tab. You may edit the payment amount and (some) payment method(s). Changes made to payment amounts and payment methods will affect the customer's balance and will be reflected on the Revenue by Date(s) report.
This article includes:
Important! Payments that took place before August 1st, 2019 cannot be edited. If you need to edit a transaction that took place before this date, then please submit a ticket to our support team with the transaction number, owner name, and the nature of the edit you’re trying to make—our support team will help you get that accomplished!
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In many cases, a superior solution to editing a payment is processing a refund or partial refund. This feature should only be used if you accidentally entered the incorrect payment method or input the incorrect payment amount on cash, check, or admin/comp payments.
- Only those with the Can process refunds/returns user permission may edit payments on invoices.
- Changes made to the payment amount and payment method will effect the invoice and will be reflected on the Revenue by Date(s) report for the date that the original (edited) payment took place. This will impact revenue reporting for past periods if editing a payment that took place in a closed period.
- If you are ever unsure about a payment that you wish to edit and need some help determining if editing is the correct method to follow, hop on chat or submit a support ticket for clarification! We are here to help.
How to: Edit a payment.
You may run into a scenario where a user accidentally entered the incorrect payment amount or method for a non-credit card payment. Not to worry! Editing will help you get that adjustment made in a flash. To edit a payment, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Owner's Profile Page » Invoices Tab.
- Find the invoice you would like to edit and click the Info icon to view the invoice.
- Click the Pencil icon next to the payment you want to edit.
- Edit the Payment Amount and/or Payment Method in the pop-up window.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes.
Important! You cannot edit a credit card payment.
Important! You cannot edit a non-credit card payment to become a credit card payment.
Important! If you edit a closed invoice’s payment to less than the amount due, it will re-open the invoice.
Advice on Editing Transactions
This feature allows you to edit parts of some payments. This feature is only available for use on payments that involve the cash, check, or admin/comp payment methods.
If you use Gingr's Integrated Credit Card Processing, you cannot edit payments that have been processed to the Credit Card Payment method (or any payment method associated with a Card Connect merchant ID). If a payment has been processed in Gingr using a credit card payment method and the transaction was captured in CardConnect, the only way to edit the amount, or payment method is to refund/resell the item/reservation.
If you process a transaction under a non-credit card payment method and meant to do it as an integrated CCP transaction, you cannot edit the transaction to Credit Card. You will need to physically apply a payment with a credit card to process a credit card transaction on that invoice.
There is only one relevant user permission for editing transactions. Gingr users with the Can Process Refunds/Returns user permission enabled can edit a transaction. To enable this permission, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups.
- Locate the Can Process Refunds/Returns permission, and check the box next to the User Group you would like to add this permission to.