Overview: What are we talking about?
This feature allows you to edit parts of some transactions from the Owner Details page through the Transactions tab. You may edit the payment amount and (some) payment method(s). Changes made to payment amounts and payment methods will affect the customer's balance and will be reflected on the Revenue by Date(s) report.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In many cases, a superior solution to editing a transaction is processing a refund or partial refund. This feature should only be used if you accidentally entered the incorrect payment method or input the incorrect payment amount on cash, check, no payment or admin/comp transactions.
- Only those with the can process refunds/returns user permission may edit transactions.
- Changes made to payment amount and payment method will affect the customer's balance and will be reflected on the Revenue by Date(s) report.
- If you are ever unsure about a transaction that you wish to edit and need some help determining if editing is the correct method to follow, hop on chat or submit a support ticket for clarification! We are here to help.
How to: Edit a transaction.
- Navigate to the Owner's Profile Page » Transactions Tab.
- Find the transaction you would like to edit.
- Click the Pencil icon in the far right column.
- Edit the payment amount, and or payment method in the pop up window.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Advice on Editing Transactions
This feature allows you to edit parts of some transactions. This feature is only recommended for use on transactions that involve the cash, check, no payment or admin/comp payment methods.
If you use Gingr's Integrated Credit Card Processing, you should not edit transactions that have been processed to the Credit Card Payment method. If a transaction has been processed in Gingr using a credit card payment method and the transaction was captured in CardConnect, the only way to edit the amount, or payment method is to refund/resell the item/reservation.
If you process a transaction under a non-credit card payment method and meant to do it as an integrated CCP transaction, you cannot edit the transaction to Credit Card. If you do so, no charge will be issued to the customers credit card. You will need to refund and re-sell the amount to the Credit Card payment method in order to process the charge to the customers card.
There is only one relevant user permission for editing transactions. Gingr users with the can process refunds/returns user permission enabled can edit a transaction.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups.
- Choose the User Group you would like to add this permission to.
- Check the box next to this permission to allow these users to process refunds and returns, leave it unchecked to disallow.