Overview: What are we talking about?
Although Gingr sends a variety of automated emails and SMS (text messages) to your customers, you can also send individual emails and select SMS to customers at will.
This article includes:
- Free-typed emails
- Reservation Confirmation Requests
- Report Cards
- Ready for Pickup
- Vaccination Reminders
- Related Articles
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Sending free-typed and canned emails to customers at will requires the can email customers user permission.
- Free-hand emails sent to customers do not include your logo at the top of the email nor an Unsubscribe link at the bottom.
- In this article we talk about sending emails and SMS messages that are normally automated. To configure your Automated Emails and SMS, please visit this article.
How to: Send individual emails and SMS.
Just type up your email then click the Send Email button. Or, select from one of your Canned Email Templates (for more information on Canned Emails, click here.)
Reservation Confirmation Requests
To send the confirmation request, there are two locations you can do this from:
- The Dashboard
- The Reservation Details Page, envelope icon.
You can see "Last Sent:..." in a few places in the app (like the dashboard) indicates the last time the customer was emailed or sent an SMS about that reservation, regardless of what type of email or SMS was sent about the reservation.
Please Note: if the customer does not have an email or SMS in their owner profile, these options will not show in the actions drop-down.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Report Cards » View Report Cards.
- Select Email or SMS from the Send drop-down menu for a report card.
- Navigate to an animal's page and click the Report Cards tab.
- Click one of the Send buttons to send the report card.
FAQ: Check this out!
- How do I change the email address my Gingr app sends emails from?
- Will I know if an email bounces back?
- What happens when a customer responds to a text message?
How do I change the email address my Gingr app sends email from?
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Locations Info.
- Choose the Location and click the Edit button in your location's Actions dropdown menu.
- On the Edit page, type the new email address into the email field:
- Scroll down and save your changes by clicking Save.
Will I know if an email bounces back or was undeliverable?
If an email you send to a customer is not delivered/bounces back, you should receive a notification at the email address you use for your Gingr user account. If you find that you are not receiving these notifications, you may want to check the settings on your email provider's website, to make sure that bounced email notifications are enabled.
You can also check the Outgoing Email Log for an email's status at any time. Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » History.
Gingr helps avoid bounced emails by helping to prevent typos when entering a customer email addresses. On both the New Customer Registration and New Owner pages, Gingr validates the email address entered, and even provides suggestions.
What happens when a customer responds to a text message sent by Gingr?
If your customer replies to an SMS (text message) sent through your Gingr app, they will automatically receive this response:
You responded to an automated text message and the business will not receive your response. Please contact the business directly to communicate with them about your pets and reservations.