Overview: What are we talking about?
In this article, we will show you how to log in to Gingr, and how to use the Quick Log In to toggle between user account logins.
This article includes:
Helpful Hint: Before you begin.
- It is highly recommended that each of your staff members using Gingr has their own User account and logs in each time they are working in the app. This is because Gingr allows you to keep everybody accountable (see the History page in your app) and allows you to set different User Permissions for each User.
How to: Login to Gingr.
- Navigate to https://companyname.gingrapp.com (replace "companyname" with your sub domain).
- Enter your email address and password.
Important! If you were provided a temporary password, we highly recommend you immediately change it.
- Optionally, select Remember Me to save your info for the next login.
- Click Sign In:
- Once logged in your name appears in the upper right of the app.
- Select the Location and User name from the drop down lists.
- Type in your password and press the ENTER key.
Logging into Gingr with a Google Account
Gingr has integrated with Google Accounts, enabling users to log in using their Google username/password.
There are 2 easy steps to log into Gingr with Google:
- The email address on both Google and Gingr must be identical. To learn more about user accounts in Gingr, click here.
- The user's Gingr account must be in a group with the Can Login With Google permission. To learn more about permissions in Gingr, click here.
After completing these steps, you can log into Gingr by clicking on the "Sign in With Google" button (shown above).
Logging into Gingr with a Yubikey
Gingr offers a Yubikey integration, which allows users to log in using a physical device instead of usernames and passwords. This streamlines identity management as well as the log in process.
1. Purchase Yubikeys
The Yubikey 4 is readily available from Amazon for $40.00. Each user will need their own Yubikey.
2. Assign Yubikeys to Users
- Navigate to the Edit User page for the user you wish to assign the Yubikey to. This is located in Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Users » Edit User.
- Locate the Yubikeys section and click on the Add New Yubikey button.
- When prompted, plug the Yubikey into a USB port and tap the Y button on top of the device.
- If successful, you will receive a green Success message on the screen. The most common reason a failure would occur is that the Yubikey has already been associated with another account.
- Navigate to the Gingr login page (log out if you are currently logged in).
- Click on the Sign In With Yubikey button.
- Once the Yubikey icon has been replaced with the spinning icon, plug the Yubikey into a USB port and tap the Y button on top of the device.
- You should now be logged in!
FAQ: Check this out!
I can't login and get an error message saying I'm temporarily locked out.
To inhibit fraudulent login attempts, if you enter your password incorrectly too many times, Gingr will temporarily lock you out of your account.
- After 5 incorrect login attempts, you will be locked out for 5 minutes.
- 2 more incorrect login attempts will lock you out for an additional 25 minutes
- 3 more incorrect attempt and you'll be locked out for 625 minutes
If this happens to you and you can get someone else to login with their account and change your password for you on the Users page, please do that. If you cannot, please submit a support ticket through this site and we will help you.
Why am I being asked to login when I was already logged in?
Occasionally, due to browser caching, you may get 'booted out' and asked to log back in. If this happens repeatedly, you can try 2 things to resolve the issue.
- Clear your browser's cache.
Instructions for Chrome.
Instructions for Firefox.
Instructions for Safari. (Apple made it a little more complicated!)
Instructions for Internet Explorer. [Gingr does not support Internet Explorer.]
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Logout All Sessions.
This will clear Gingr's user sessions (everybody will be logged out), redirect you to the login page, and you'll have a new session with a new cookie.
If you've done both of the above things and you are still getting booted out, please submit a help ticket!