Overview: What are we talking about?
Below is a brief overview of what customers can see and do on the customer side of Gingr. The best way to understand what customers can see in Gingr is to go make a customer account for yourself.
This article includes:
- What Customers Can Do
- What Customers Can See
- What Customers Can NOT See
- Inviting Customers to Use the Customer Portal
- Adding Custom Text
- Customize Request Services Button
- Button URL Text
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
Your Customer Portal URL will be https://companyname.gingrapp.com/customer (replace customer name with your specific subdomain)
- Customers can see Owner Notes and Animal Notes but can NOT see Employee Notes or Grooming Notes.
- It's important that existing customers use the same email address or phone number that you have on file when they are logging in as an existing customer. This will ensure that they are linking themselves to their active profile, rather than creating a new one.
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
How to: Use the Customer Portal.
What Customers Can Do
If you choose to open up your customer portal, your customers will have the ability to do a lot of things in one place.
- View and edit their contact info.
- Upload files such as immunization records.
- Add or remove credit cards on file (requires you use one of our integrated payment solutions). Note that customers cannot remove a card on file if their pet is currently checked in.
- Manage their communication preferences (email and SMS).
- View and edit their pets' info, as well as add new pets.
- View any photos and/or videos you've attached to their pet's report cards.
- View your webcams (if you have this set up).
- View past and future reservations, as well as cancel reservations, or confirm reservations after you've asked for confirmation.
- Make reservation requests.
- View their receipt by clicking on the "View" button next to any completed reservation, as well as any report card that was created for that reservation.
What Customers Can See
- Owner Notes and Animal Notes (These are the exact same fields that you see on your side of the app). Important! Customers can see these notes!
- Immunization Due Dates.
- Account Balances.
- Remaining credits left on packages (punch-card/multi-day pass).
What Customers Can NOT See
- Employee Notes from both the Animal and Owner profile.
- Grooming Notes.
- Incident reports.
- Custom Icons associated with their pet.
- Their transaction log.
- Report Cards that have not yet been sent.
Inviting Customers to use the Customer Portal
Whether you are sending out an email blast to existing customers or informing individual customers of how to login to the customer side of Gingr, these tips will help you put your customers on the path to registering, completing their profiles, and making reservation requests online.
Guide them properly.
Be sure you guide your customers to perform the correct actions. We recommend logging in to the portal and navigating it yourself for a bit first, so that you can properly instruct your customer.
Sell them on the benefits.
Sell them on the benefits the software will provide them, like being able to make reservation requests online, receiving receipts via email, easily keeping track of their package/punch-card credits, and receiving photo-video report cards (if you plan on using them).
Incentivize them to register.
If you are asking customers to register themselves online, again, sell them on the benefits of the new software. Many people will be enthusiastic enough about the benefits to immediately follow through. Though, it may also be a good idea to incentivize them. Some Gingr businesses have had success with offering 20% off a day of daycare or some other free service or item. This can speed up the process of getting all your existing customers in your system.
Adding Custom Text
You may optionally place formatted custom text at the top of your customer-facing New Reservation and New Appointment pages. This is a great way to remind customers of your policies and any special information about choosing reservation types and services. Here is an example:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Locations.
- Select Edit in the Actions menu for your Location
- Type into the Reservation Request Text or Appointment Custom Text fields and format the text using the text editor
- Save your new custom text by clicking one of the Update buttons at the bottom of the page.
Customizing Request Services Button Text
When your customers request services through the customer portal, they will click the Req link in the My Reservations dropdown menu. To change the text in that link from "Request Services" to something else you'd prefer, please go to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-Wide Settings and find the Reservation Request Button Text setting.)
When your customer clicks that link, this panel will appear.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Service Request Links.
- On the Admin page, select Edit from the Actions dropdown for any of the available options.
You may modify any of the text you see.
Use the format of your other buttons and the guide at the top of the page to determine what your text and button URL should say.
Button URL text
If you are adding specific buttons on your website, that link to specific pages in the customer portal - here are some examples of what those would look like. These will all start with https://companyname.gingrapp.com
Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-Wide Settings
|Require Previous Reservation Online
||If set to yes/on, a customer must have a previous completed reservation in your system before they can make a reservation request online.|
Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Users » Manage Groups.
|Notification: Owner Uploaded File||Turning this on means that you will be alerted in your app (or notifications app) that a customer has uploaded a file.|