Gingr’s integrated credit card processing offers many advantages over processing through a third party, and we match your current card processor’s rates so you receive all the benefit of our integration at no additional cost over what you are currently paying.
To learn more about all the advantages our credit card processing integration has to offer, read this article, and please visit our website: www.gingrapp.com/credit-cards
This article includes:
- How do I sign up?
- How does the application process work?
- Do I need a tablet to check out credit card transactions?
- What kind of tablet should I use?
- Did you increase my rates?
- What is PCI Compliance, and how do I comply?
How do I sign up?
If you are interested in moving forward with Gingr as your processing provider, please email fill out an application here: Credit Card Processing Application. If you have any questions, please fee free to email email@example.com for more information.
How does the application process work?
Or goal is make this a smooth transition for you, and we have a very close partnership with CardConnect that allows us to have visibility into the entire application process. Once you fill out the application:
- We will take the information from your application, and send back a formal application for you to sign electronically. This happens within 1 business day.
- Once signed by you, CardConnect will provide you with an approval and a merchant account within 1 business day (so long as additional information is not needed). At this time they will also mail your credit card terminal to you.
- Once the merchant account has been established, you will receive an email from Gingr with your Merchant ID, and instructions for configuring your terminal.
That's it! We expect this process to take no more than 3-5 business days.
Do I need a tablet to check out credit card transactions?
With the new chip-enabled Ingenico Bolt terminals, your customers no longer need to provide an electronic signature. You can still set up a tablet at your front desk though, so that a client can see a line-item breakdown of their bill during checkout.
What kind of tablet should I use?
If you have questions about what tablet to purchase, truly any tablet with a web-enabled browser will work. Here are some suggestions if you are looking to buy one new:
Kindle Fire - $50 or less
And here’s a stand that many of our customers like if you want to mount the tablet to your countertop:
Did you increase my rates?
Some Gingr clients may see what appears to be an increase in their card processing costs after switching to Gingr's integrated solution. Our policy is to match your previous processor's rates exactly, so that you don't incur any additional costs by switching. If you have questions or concerns about your rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a rate analysis.
What is PCI Compliance, and how do I comply?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (abbreviated as PCI or PCI-DSS) is the industry standard for how to properly handle your customers’ credit card information. Compliance with this standard for most merchants consists of a completing an annual questionnaire, as well as establishing a monthly network scan (this needs to be set up annually and runs in the background each month). You’ll want to take the brief 15 min each year required to prevent your business from paying a monthly non-compliance fee. For instructions on how to complete this questionnaire, please see this article: PCI Compliance Questionnaire.