Overview: What are we talking about?
Saving a credit card to your customer's owner profile will allow you to process credit card transactions quickly. You will be able to select this card on file any time your customer checks out of a reservation or makes any kind of point of sale purchase. Having cards on file are also necessary for subscriptions.
This article includes:
- Enabling Cards on File
- Saving a Credit Card to the Owner Profile
- Saving a Credit Card During Checkout
- Using a Stored Credit Card
- Accepting Tips for Card on File
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Important! Cards put on file are treated as CARD-NOT-PRESENT transactions and carry a higher Interchange rate (the underlying cost of accepting credit cards as set by Visa/MasterCard. You will pay approximately .30% more ($.30 per $100 in charges) for this ability. This is not a Gingr fee, but a cost that the processor must pass on from the card networks. It is up to you to weigh whether the advantages of speeding up your checkout, and giving your customers payment flexibility are offset by the cost.
- You will know that a customer has a card on file when you see the CC icon under the pet's name. This appears on the Dashboard, the Calendar Details page, and many places you see a pet's name in Gingr.
- In compliance with the law, full credit card information will not be visible to anyone. If you or the customer would like to change the card on file, simply click delete card either on the Details page or on the Edit Owner page, then enter a new card number.
- If you don't use a credit card terminal, you'll need to have the Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-Wide Setting for Allow manual card entry enabled to save cards on file.
How to: Save and use credit cards on file.
Enabling Cards on File
In order to use cards on file, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to Left Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner Form.
- If the Credit Card field is not enabled on your owner form, use the Credit Card field type on the ToolBox on the right side of the page to add this function to your owner form.
- Save the owner form.
Saving a Credit Card to the Owner Profile
The most common way to add a card on file, is from the owner profile. To do this:
- Use the predictive Search box in the upper left of your app, or click on the Owner's name anywhere it appears in Gingr.
- On the Owner page, click the Pencil Icon to edit the owner's profile.
- On the Edit Owner page, scroll down to the credit card field. Enter valid credit card information. Click the hand icon to manually input the card info:
Saving a Credit Card During Checkout
Using a Card on File
To use a card on file for a purchase when checking out a reservation from the Dashboard:
- Click the Cart icon to push reservation to the cart.
- From the Cart, click Check Out to see Payment Method options.
- Choose the Credit Card payment method.
- The use credit card on file box is checked by default. Keep it checked to use the card on file. Click 'Check Out':
Accepting Tips for Card on File
To accept a tip for a card on file transaction, click on the Bolt terminal button (like with all other card transactions) instead of the blue Check Out button in the shopping cart.