Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will show you how to use the Facility Calendar in your application. This calendar shows all reservations, scheduled services, appointments and events for your location—it's the main purpose is to help you quickly see what types of Reservations and Services are occurring on a given day. The Facility Calendar is accessible from Left-hand Navigation: Calendar Icon » Facility Calendar.
This article includes:
- Events/Notices on the Facility Calendar
- Reservation Types on the Facility Calendar
- Changing the Calendar View
- Services on the Facility Calendar
- Filtering the Calendar
- Editing an Appointment
- Managing Slots
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
How to: Use the Facility Calendar.
Events/Notices on the Facility Calendar:
Events and Notices will show on the Facility Calendar for the date(s) that they are scheduled under the All Day section of the Calendar. You can learn more about Events and Notices here: Using Events and Notices
Changing the Calendar View:
The calendar view can be changed to show the Month, Week, or Day. Each view can jump back or to the next month, week, or day using the corresponding buttons on the calendar.
On the day view of the Facility Calendar, you will see:
- A column for every user in your app that has specialist settings that shows their appointment-based services
- A column labeled No Specialist Needed, which will display scheduled services that are not appointment based
- Specialists who are set up with slot-based services (as opposed to time-based services) will have + and - icons next to their names.
- At the top of the calendar, you can select which specialists you want to view. (Click the button on the far left to select all).
To filter the calendar by Specialists, simply click in the box on the top of the page to view users who have been set up as specialists. You can add/remove specialists from view, or click the group icon on the left to select/remove all users.
You can use the Facility Calendar Day View to book new appointments with your Specialists on a 30-minute interval. If the specialist is slot-based, click any green slot opening to book an appointment for that groomer on that date:
For a specialist that uses a time-based appointment configuration, on the calendar you will see blue areas that indicate the available times of the specialist. You can choose any time on a 30-minute interval (i.e. on the hour or on the half-hour).
When you click on the blue fields, the Select an Action box will pop up and present you with some options:
- Set as Unavailable is used to block out a specialist for a time frame for all of their services.
- Book a Service is used to create a new appointment at that time on that date.
- Drag an appointment to a different groomer's availability on the same date: You can click and drag an appointment to any other specialist to reschedule the service on the same date. This can be done with time or slot based services.
- Important! The specialist must have sufficient availability and have a schedule set for that service.
Edit an Appointment:
To edit an appointment, double click on the service to print up its details. You can choose Re-schedule Appointment to reschedule the service for a different time on the same day, or choose another date, view Grooming Notes, Delete the service, change the price, select/deselect Service Options, etc. from this page.
Managing Slots from the Facility Calendar:
Click the + or - icons next to a slot-based specialists' name to increase or decrease that user's slots for a specific date.
Important! This action requires the Can Edit Others' Appointments user permission.
Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Lodging and Facility Calendars
Facility calendar group by type
This setting is enabled by default and will display a number before each reservation type on the Facility Calendar, showing how many of each reservation type is scheduled, for example, "3-Boarding."
If disabled, each individual reservation is shown in its own date tile and spans across the dates of the reservation. The ability to disable it is intended particularly for smaller facilities with fewer reservations.
Depending on the size of your facility, it may be beneficial to enable this setting so that your facility calendar totals are easier to see.
Facility calendar limit default hours
If enabled, the Facility Calendar will only display times between the Default Start Time and Default End Time found on the (System-wide Settings) page.
If you aren't a 24-hour facility and only care to see services within your regular hours, this setting should be enabled.