Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will show you how to purchase packages on the Customer Portal. Packages are pre-paid punch cards that allow a customer to pay for a certain amount of reservations ahead of time. Customers can now purchase packages via the customer portal. To access the customer portal, the customer will navigate to: http://companyname.gingrapp.com/customer and sign-in.
This article includes:
- How to purchase packages on the customer portal
- How can a customer find out how many package credits they have left?
How to: Purchase Packages on the Customer Portal.
- Once logged-in, the customer will navigate to the My Account drop down:
- Click Purchase Packages and Retail and the screen for package, retail and subscription selections will show. The customer can purchase a package from either the Packages or Subscriptions tab.
- For Packages, they will then click the dollar amount for the package they would like to purchase:
- A new box will appear asking how many packages the customer would like to purchase. Input amount and click OK:
- The current order will appear and the customer will click Purchase Package(s):
- Then the credit card payment box will appear for the customer to input their Credit Card Information:
- They will then click Purchase to finalize the transaction.
- For Subscriptions, they will click to the Subscriptions tab and fill out the form.
- Click Add Subscription to complete your transaction using the Card on File.
- If the pet parent does not currently have a card on file, they will be taken to a page to add that card on file. A card on file is required to start a subscription.
How can a customer find out how many package credits they have left?
- Login to their customer account.
- Package credits are displayed in the lower left of the main page.
- Login to your customer account.
- Navigate to Top Navigation: My Reservations » View.
- Scroll down to Reservations, and click Completed to view all completed reservations.
- Find the reservation type for which you have a package, and click View, then click Receipt.
- The receipt will detail how the package credits were used.
Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Package Types
|Can Purchase Through Customer Portal||This setting must be set to yes/on in order for a customer to purchase the package online. If turned off, it will not be available.|
If you would like to control which customers can purchase packages themselves, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner
- Add a new “True/False” field to your owner Form from the right hand Toolbox:
- Edit this newly added field:
And edit as follows:
|Display Label||This is how the field will display on the Owner form.||This can be anything you like, so long as you know what it does when you see it.|
|Display Description||This will be the description of the field you are adding||This would be a good place to make yourself a note as to what the field does.|
|Field Name||This is the technical field name.||MUST read "can_purchase_packages"|
|Options||These are the multiple choice options for the field.||Make sure to select your default selection, do not change the display text of the Options or add/remove any options.|