Overview: What are we talking about?
The Estimates feature allows you to allows you to generate, print, and email estimates for your customers' reservations and appointments, including any attached services and retail items. In this article we will show you how to generate, print, and email an estimate from the business side of Gingr.
This article includes:
- Generate and Email an Estimate
- Viewing Estimates
- Reservation Estimate Custom Text
- Estimate Email Template
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- To print an estimate, press Command-P (Mac) or Control-P (PC) on your keyboard when viewing an estimate.
- Each business location can customize the text at the bottom of the estimate, so your estimate may look different than the example above.
How to: Generate, view and email estimates.Generate and Email an Estimate
- Navigate to the New Reservation page: Left-hand Navigation: Reservations » New Reservation.
- Once you have entered all details of the reservation and added additional services, click on Estimate tab.
- Click Generate Estimate button.
- View the generated Estimate.
After clicking the $Generate Estimate button, the estimate will appear below. If you make changes to the reservation, you can re-generate the estimate to include those changes by clicking the round arrow button.
Email the generated Estimate.
To email the Estimate, simply click the paper airplane button. A window will appear with the owner's email address, though you can enter a different email address to send the estimate to.
- After viewing the estimate, if you want to save this reservation, be sure to click one of the Save buttons.
The estimate will only reflect what has been added to date, so please be aware that the total cost may increase or decrease should services be added or canceled later, etc.
Viewing an EstimateOnce an estimate has been generated, it can be viewed from a a couple of places.
From the Reservation Details Page:
- Find the reservation on the Dashboard in any of the reservation sections.
- Click the Actions button.
- Select View Reservation Details.
- Click Estimate $ button in upper right.
From the Animal or Owner pages:
- Navigate to the Animal or Owner page.
- Click on Reservations tab.
- Choose a Reservation from list.
- Click Actions button and select View Estimate.
Reservation Estimate Custom Text
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Locations.
- Find the location you would like to Edit.
- Click Actions Menu, select Edit.
- Enter your custom text.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Changes or Update and go back one page. It will now appear on your estimates:
Estimate Email Template
There is an email template for emailing estimates to customers, which comes pre-configured. To edit this template:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Email Templates.
- Find the email template with the subject Reservation Estimate.
- Click Edit in the Actions drop-down menu.
Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-Wide Settings.
|Allow customers view estimates||
If enabled (set to 'yes/on'), customers will be able to view an estimate for their reservation from the customer portal.
If disabled (set to 'no/off'), customers will not be able to view estimates from the customer portal.