Overview: What are we talking about?New reservations are created on the New Reservation page, which can be accessed from many places in the application. New reservations are also created when you check a pet in using Quick Check In.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Gingr can only automatically pre-select a Lodging if the lodging has a weight capacity set for it and the pet's weight is set.
- If you use the quick check-in for a pet that already has a reservation booked for today, they
will be checked in for that reservation.
- If you have Check In Questions set up for a particular reservation type, they will NOT come up automatically when using Quick Check In. To answer the questions, simply click the little i icon next to the reservation name. And, you can always update, view, or edit your answers later by clicking the same icon next to the Animal's name on the Dashboard.
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
How to: Make a reservation.
Where to Make a ReservationFrom the Left Navigation:
When searching, hit Enter/Return on your keyboard to navigate to the Search Page with full results. Click the Actions Menu to select +New Reservation.
Creating a New Reservation
All of the above examples will take you to the New Reservation page, where you will create your reservation.
- Details tab: Fill out the first tab on the New Reservation page using the following Field Guide:
Setting Description Helpful Hint Location The location is integral to populating the services and schedule, so please don't forget this step. If your facility has multiple locations, be careful to choose the correct one. Type Use the drop-down menu to choose the Reservation Type. The drop-down menu will show you both "active" and "disabled" reservation types. Disabled reservation types are services that you may have discontinued, or you do not want the customer to see or book from their end of the application. Pet Here you can enter in one or multiple pets from the same family who are booking the same reservation type for the same duration The red shield icon by a pet's name indicates that their immunization records are expired or missing. Confirm Reservation? Tick this box if you want to confirm the reservation now. If ticked, Gingr will not require the customer to confirm this reservation in the future (closer to the start date/time of the reservation). Wait List? Tick this box to add the reservation to the Wait List now. When you go on to select lodgings, if one or more days of the reservation are at capacity, Gingr will give you the option to add this reservation to the wait list again. Start/ End Dates & Times Enter the start and end dates and times of the reservation. The Start and End Times are dictated by the default start and end times in your app, as well as the Hours of Operation settings that were set up for this reservation type. You can select new times if you wish.
The Override hours? button will only appear if you have the user permission "can override hours of operation."
Add Another Reservation Click this button to enter additional dates and times. The Details of the reservation (Location, Reservation Type, Pet(s)) must remain the same.
- Additional Services: Click on the next tab to add any desired Additional Services and Service Options (formerly called Add Ons).
Important! Services with the green checkmark are Default Services for this reservation type, meaning they are automatically added to the reservation at a specific frequency.
- Lodging Tab: To assign Lodging. Gingr will try to automatically assign a lodging, and you can keep the automatic assignment, or update it. To update it: Click the + button to book the same lodging across all dates of the reservation, or click on individual bed icons to select different lodgings for each date of the reservation.
When creating a reservation for two pets, if Lodge Together is selected, you will choose one Lodging (per day of stay) for ALL pets. Click the + button to select the same lodging for all days of the reservation, or click individual bed icons per day.All Animals shows the cumulative weight of all animals that are being lodged together. In this case, all three dogs' weight is 90 pounds cumulatively.
If Lodge Together is not selected, you will choose Lodgings for the pets individually and will be shown each animal's individual weight in the animal's Lodging header.
- Notes: Add any notes that you would like staff to see for this reservation.
- Estimate: Optionally generate an estimate for the reservation. Click on the Estimate tab, and then again on the Generate Estimate button.
Click Save to complete booking the reservation. If the reservation saves successfully, you will receive green success messages.
Quick Check In
The Quick Check In is ideal for walk-ins, and for managing that morning rush. You can quickly create and check in a reservation while the facility is busy, and then edit the reservation details later when you have more time.
- Click the Quick Check In button in the upper left of your Dashboard.
- On the Quick Check In Panel, Choose the Reservation Type.
- Choose the Animal(s) names. You can check in one or several pets at once.
- Make any necessary updates to what is automatically populated:
• Reservation Type
• End Date/ End Time
• Add custom icons by clicking the + icon.
- Click Add to check in Animal(s) and instantly create their reservation(s). You will get a success message in the lower left of your screen, and the pets will now be listed in the Checked In section of your Dashboard.
- The pet's vaccinations are expired or will be at the time of the reservation
- A lodging has not been selected for each date of the reservation
- The customer has not signed the required agreements for the reservation type
- Capacity has been reached for one or more dates of the reservation
If a deposit is required for the reservation, upon selecting the reservation type and dates, you will get a notification and there will also be a Deposit tab on the New Reservation page.
Click on the Deposit tab to view the deposit details.
- If you have the user permission can edit deposit amounts, you can override a percent or dollar based deposit.
- For either one, enter a dollar amount in the 'Override Amount' field to make the adjustment.
Important! If not overridden, Gingr will estimate the total cost of the reservation (including attached services) and calculate the percent based deposit.
The times in my time pickers are not correct. How can I fix this?
If the times are wrong in your time pickers on your New or Edit Reservation page, please check the below settings.
Default Start and End Times:
Note: Some times in your time pickers may be grayed out so you cannot select them. Please see Hours of Operation and Override Hours of Operation below.
Hours of Operation: