Overview: What are we talking about?
Appointments are any reservation type (such as grooming or training) that a customer can book for a specific time with a specific specialist. In this article, we will show you how to make a new appointment with a specialist, from the business side of Gingr.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- To make a reservation type available for booking from the New Appointment Page, you will need to edit the reservation type and turn on the setting "only appointment". To allow a reservation type to appear on the New Appointment Page: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation Types and Services Configuration » Click pencil icon next to Reservation Type » Turn on "only appointment" » Save.
- Much of the functionality for the New Appointment page on the business side is copied over to the customer-facing page, however customers cannot see how many slots are booked or available for any specialist on any given date. They will only see whether there is availability. They also cannot see how many appointments are booked on that date, nor their pet's grooming notes or appointment history.
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
How to: Make an Appointment with a Specialist.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reservations » New Appointment.
Or, if you're in the Animal/Owner Profile, you can create a New Appointment from this page:
Select the Location, Type, Service, and Date. Only reservation types that are configured to to scheduled with a specialist will appear in the drop-down menu.
- Then Click on the appointment Start Time within a specialist's available appointments or by the slots that they have available. Only specialists who have the availability to perform this service on this date will be populated here.
- After choosing a time/slot for your pet, you'll be directed to this page in order to set up which pet you'll be reserving for, service add-on's, icons, previous appointment history, grooming notes and any notes needed for the reservation.
The Confirm for Customer? box will send a confirmation email to the customer. The Wait List box will send the reservation to the Wait List area.
Full Process of Booking from the New Appointment Page
If appointment is not available, use Next Available Appointment or scroll through dates: