This article includes:
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Subscriptions
- If the charge for the subscription fails, the system will retry the charge once per day for 5 days. If it still fails, manually cancel the subscription
- The package setting Use For Subscription removes the package from being able to be sold as needed. If you would like to have a package that can be used for subscriptions AND to is sold as needed, you will need to create two packages and set one to be used for subscriptions and one not.
- Upon creating a subscription, the system will: Charge the card on file for the price of the package, Generate a receipt, add the package to the customer's account, send the Invoice email template.
- Upon renewal, the system will: Attempt to charge the customer the price of the package at the set interval.
- If the charge is successful: generate a receipt, send the Invoice email template, & add the package to the customer's account
- If the charge for the subscription fails, the system will retry the charge once per day for 5 days.
How to Create a New Subscription Type:
On the Packages page, you can create a new package or subscription. A subscription is a package type with the setting Use for Subscriptions enabled. Use the Field Guide below to assist you in setting up your new package.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Packages.
- Click +Add to create a new package.
- Fill out the short form using the Field Guide below.
- Click Save.
|Location||Select your location.|
|Name||This is the name of your package. It is shown to customers on receipts and on the customer portal.|
|Description||Optionally enter a description that can be displayed on the customer portal when a customer purchases a package from the customer portal.|
|Quantity||The number of credits the package should have.|
|Reservation Type||The type of reservation this package applies to.|
|Price||This is the total price for each package (not per credit).|
|Status||If enabled (Yes/On), it will be available for purchase.|
|Subscription Days||the subscriptions expiration date will automatically be set to the day of the next billing||
The package expires at midnight after the expiration date. Packages cannot be unexpired.
|Is taxed||If you apply tax to this sale, select 'yes/on.'||To charge tax for packages, you must also go to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Tax Settings select to charge tax on packages.|
|Email days before expiration||If you want the "Package Expiration Email" to send a number of days before a customer's package's expiration date, enter the number of days here.||If this field is left blank no reminder email will be sent.|
|Email remaining count threshold||If you want the "Package Expiration Email" to send when a customer gets down to a certain number of credits, enter that number here.||If this field is left blank no reminder email will be sent.|
|Use Pricing Rules on other Reservation Types||If enabled and the package is applied to a different type of reservation, it will pull the assigned reservation types pricing rules.
This requires the system-wide setting "Allow packages on any type" to be enabled
|Example: When applying a daycare package credit to a multiple pet boarding reservation with daycare attached the package credit will apply at a value equal to one day of daycare including any daycare multiple pet discounts.|
|Use for subscriptions||Enable this setting if this package type should be available for recurring subscriptions.|
|Hourly Credit||Enable this setting if this package type is used for a reservation type set to Charge by Hour.||Example: 3 credits would be applied for 3 hours of daycare.|
|Subscription Days Start Upon First Use||Enable this setting if this package should begin to expire upon the first use. If disabled, expiration will begin from the sale date.|
|Can Purchase Through Customer Portal||
Can customers purchase this package from the customer portal?
|The online purchase of packages through the customer portal requires Gingr's integrated credit card processing.|
Selling Package Subscriptions
- Charge the card on file for the price of the package.
- Generate a receipt.
- Add the package to the customer's account. Package's expiration date will be set to the day of the next billing (either next month’s bill day of the month, or +7 days for weekly subscriptions, or +14 days for bi-weekly subscriptions).
- Send the Invoice email template.
- Navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Point of Sale » Sell Retail and Packages.
- Clicking the New Subscription button in the Packages header.
|Step 1: Select an Owner||Select the owner account to connect the package subscription|
|Step 2: Select a Package||Only packages with the setting Use for Subscriptions enabled will be displayed||
|Step 3: Select a Frequency||
Select how often this package purchase will renew
Enter a future date if the package subscription should not start now.
Leave blank if subscription should start now.
|Payment will run on the date entered.|
|Until this date||
Enter a future date for when the package purchase should cease.
Leave Blank To Continue Indefinitely.
Canceling Package Subscriptions
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription on the report and click the action dropdown.
- Choose Cancel Subscription from the options.
From the Owner Profile:
- Navigate to the Owners Profile.
- Find the Subscription you'd like to cancel in the packages section.
- Choose Cancel Subscription from the options.