Overview: What are we talking about?
Bolt Terminals now support the ability to accept contactless payment methods such as ApplePay, AndroidPay and contactless cards. This payment type uses near-field communication (NFC), which allows the customer to tap the terminal device with either their phone or contactless card to pay.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- NFC transactions produce single-use tokens, whereas standard credit and debit transactions produce multi-use tokens. This means that customer profiles and tokens cannot be saved from any NFC transaction.
- For AndroidPay, SamsungPay, ApplePay and other virtual wallet contactless payments, the customer must have the app set up on their phone.
How to: Set up ApplePay/Android Pay
- You will need to fill out an application to have this feature enabled. Complete this form via CardConnect.
- Integration Support at CardConnect will then initiate the update for the included MIDs and notify you when it's complete. This may take a couple of days, but let us know if you don't hear something fairly quickly.
- Once the update is initiated, the terminal will need to be power-cycled (that is turned off and on again). This occurs automatically overnight, but you may choose to do it sooner. You can manually reboot like this: