Overview: What are we talking about?
The Wait List feature in Gingr allows you to take back-up reservations and appointments for busy days, and then easily accept waitlisted reservations when space becomes available. In this article, you will learn how to view and manage the Wait List from the business side of Gingr.
This article includes:
- Viewing the Wait List
- Adding Reservations to the Wait List
- Managing the Wait List
- Automatically Cancelled Wait List Reservations
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- If you have been designated to receive wait list notifications in your user permissions, you will be notified when a new reservation has been added to the wait list.
- Deposits cannot be paid for Wait Listed reservations. A deposit will be created once the reservation is accepted/ moved from the wait list.
- Lodgings cannot be set up for Wait Listed reservations. A lodging can be selected once the reservation is accepted/ moved from the wait list.
How to: Use the Wait List.
Viewing the Wait List
Employees with the 'Can Manage Wait List' user permission can view the wait list at any time from the Left Navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservations » Wait List.
- From here, you can view and manage all details of wait-listed reservations and appointments.
Adding Reservations to the Wait List
Reservations can be added to the Wait List from several places in Gingr:
- New Reservations Page (business side)
- When booking a lodging, if capacity has been reached (business side)
- New Appointment Page (business side)
- When reviewing a Reservation Request (business side)
- New Reservation request, if capacity has been reached (customer side)
New Reservations Page (business side):
In this example we will use the New Reservations page to create a new reservation that will be added to the Wait List.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reservations » New Reservation.
- Enter all details for the reservation: Location, Type, Pet, Manually Confirm?, Start and End Dates and Times.
- Click the Wait List? box.
- Add any Additional Services, Service Options, and or Notes.
- Click Save and Create Another or Save and Go Back.
- You will get a Success! message in lower left. Reservation is instantly added to the wait list, and can be viewed, edited, etc. by navigating to the Wait List.
When Capacity Limits Have Been Reached (business side):
If you are trying to make a reservation but your facility's capacity for the reservation type (or Facility Max Capacity) has been reached, you will get a message saying that capacity has been reached for one or more of the days of the reservation. With this message, Gingr will give you the option to add the reservation to the Wait List.
Click the Add reservation(s) to wait list button and the reservation will be instantly added to and can be viewed on the Wait List.
New Appointment Page (business side):
When you are creating a New Appointment, you have the option to add it to the wait list as well.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reservation » New Appointment.
- Select Location, Type, Service, and Date.
- Choose the appointment time with an available Specialist.
- Fill out the short form - enter all appointment details as usual.
- Click the box next to Wait List?
- Click Add reservation (s) to wait list.
- You will get a Success! message in lower left corner of your screen. The Appointment will be instantly added to and can be viewed on the Wait List.
When Reviewing a Reservation Request (business side):
When you review a reservation request that a customer has submitted via their portal, you can choose to add the reservation to the Wait List.
- Navigate to Dashboard: Requested Section.
- Click the Actions button.
- Select Add to Wait List.
- You will get a Success! message in lower left corner of your screen. The reservation will be instantly added to and can be viewed on the Wait List.
New Reservation (customer side):
When creating a New Reservation from the Customer Portal, customers may be able to add themselves to the Wait List. If your facility is at capacity for the date(s) they have requested, they may be given the option to add their reservation to the wait list.
Your customers may or may not have this option depending on whether your business has configured Gingr to allow customers to add themselves to the wait list.
Managing the Wait List
- Accept and Confirm
- Accept and Don't Confirm
Accept and Confirm:
When space becomes available, you have the option to Accept and Confirm a reservation on the Wait List to fill that spot. If you choose this option, the reservation is automatically confirmed, and Gingr will not alert you in the future to request confirmation from the customer. If this is a reservation that requires lodging, you will have the chance to select it before finalizing the acceptance. The reservation will move from the Wait List to the Reservations tab of the Animal and Owner pages, and to the Facility Calendar.
Accept and Don't Confirm:
When you choose this option, the reservation will show up in the Unconfirmed section of your Dashboard 7 days prior to the start date of the reservation, at which time you can request confirmation by sending an email or text to the customer, or even manually confirm it. If this is a reservation that requires Lodging, you will have the chance to select it before finalizing the acceptance. The reservation will move from the Wait List to the Reservations tab of the Animal and Owner pages; and once confirmed, will appear on the Facility Calendar.
Rejecting a reservation on the Wait List is essentially canceling it. You may cancel a reservation on the Wait List for any reason; for example, if the customer has made other plans and no longer wishes to be on the wait list. When you reject the reservation, a pop up will give you the the option to provide a reason for cancellation.
Your options are:
- Select a Cancellation Reason from the drop down menu, then click the Cancel with Reason button. This will input the cancellation reason text you have set up for this cancellation reason into the cancellation email that is sent to the customer.
- Click the Cancel with no Reason button. This will cancel the reservation and will not input any special text into the cancellation email that goes to the customer.
- Click the Whoops, go back! button if you decide not to cancel the reservation.
Automatically Cancelled Wait List Reservations:
If a wait listed reservation is not cancelled or accepted before the scheduled start date, the system will automatically cancel it for you. If the automated email is set up, the customer will be emailed when their reservation is automatically canceled.
Wait List Settings
There are several settings that you can adjust surrounding the Wait List. You must be in the Admin group to manage settings.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups » Edit Group.
|Can manage wait list||If set to yes/on these users are able to view and manage reservations and appointments on the Wait List|
|New wait list notification||If set to yes/on these users are able to view and manage reservations and appointments on the Wait List|
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-Wide Settings.
|Send new wait list email||If enabled, an email will be sent to the customer's email address when they have been added to the wait list.|
|Send new wait list SMS||If enabled, an SMS will be sent to the customer's cell phone when they have been added to the wait list.|
|Send wait list automatic cancellation email||If disabled (No/Off), an email will NOT be sent to the customer when the system automatically cancels a wait list reservation.|
|Allow customers add to wait list||If enabled, customers will be able to add themselves to the wait list from their side of the app.|
Wait List Automated Email and SMS Templates:
To set up the above mentioned automated email and SMS templates - Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Email Templates or SMS Templates.
Wait List Cancellation Reasons:
In Reservation Cancellation Reasons you can designate a single cancellation reason as the reason for system-cancelled wait list reservations. We've created a default cancellation reason for you for cancelled wait list reservations, but you may want to edit the email text that customers receive when reservations are cancelled for this reason. (The "email text" is automatically inputted into the reservation cancellation email when you cancel the reservation.)
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Cancellation Reasons » Wait List Automatic Cancellation.