Overview: What are we talking about?
The Owner Profile contains everything you need to know about a customer and their history with your business. In this article you will learn how to create a new owner account/profile.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In Gingr Customers/Clients/Pet Parents are called Owners, and Pets are called Animals.
- You must first create an Owner profile before you can create an Animal profile. You will create the owner profile, and then add their pet(s).
- You can edit the New Customer form by navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner Forms.
- You can edit the New Animal form by navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Animal Forms.
- You cannot create an owner without attaching an animal.
How to: Create an Owner and Animal Record.
Create a New Owner and Animal Profile
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Owners & Pets » New Record.
- Fill out the fields the New Customer Form.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
You will be directed to the next page where you will fill out the New Animal form.
Add a Pet to an Existing Owner
Once you've created an Owner, you can create an Animal Profile:
- Search for the Owner that you would like to add an animal to by navigating to Top Navigation » Search.
- From the Owner's profile page, click the Pencil Icon and then Edit Owner.
- Click the Add Another Animal + tab to the right of the existing Pet Tabs.
- Fill out the New Animal form, and click Save or Save and go back one page.
FAQ: Check this out!
Why am I getting an "email address already in use" error?
Each owner record should have a unique email address. Two or more owners with the same email address will cause an error when editing one of these records.
This error message indicates one of the following:
- The same owner has been duplicated in your app.
- Two or more owners are sharing an email address, possibly with a dummy email address you've created.
Correcting The Error Message:To correct this error, you must remove the duplicate email addresses by either:
- Deleting duplicate owners.
- Merging owners with multiple records.
- Making the email field optional on owner records.
Deleting Duplicate Owners
Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » View All Owners.
Any owner that is eligible to be deleted will show a red Delete? button on the right-most column of this page. To delete an owner, click the Delete? button.
Please note: if this record has previous reservation or transaction history you cannot delete owner/animal records. Only records that do not have any reservation or transaction history are eligible for deletion.
If there are pets and reservations associated with the duplicate owner record, you can merge the owners. Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Merge Owners.
Making Email Addresses Optional
If you do not want to collect a unique email address from each owner, you are able to make the owner email address field optional. Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner Form.