Overview: What are we talking about?
The Owner Profile contains everything you need to know about a customer and their history with your business. In this article you will learn how to create a new owner account/profile.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In Gingr Customers/Clients/Pet Parents are called Owners, and Pets are called Animals.
- You must first create an Owner profile before you can create an Animal profile. You will create the owner profile, and then add their pet(s).
- You can edit the New Customer form by navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner Forms.
- You can edit the New Animal form by navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Animal Forms.
- You cannot create an owner without attaching an animal.
How to: Create an Owner and Animal Record.
Create a New Owner and Animal Profile
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Owners & Pets » New Record.
- Fill out the fields the New Customer Form.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
You will be directed to the next page where you will fill out the New Animal form.
Add a Pet to an Existing Owner
Once you've created an Owner, you can create an Animal Profile:
- Search for the Owner that you would like to add an animal to by navigating to Top Navigation » Search.
- From the Owner's profile page, click the Pencil Icon and then Edit Owner.
- Click the Add Another Animal + tab to the right of the existing Pet Tabs.
- Fill out the New Animal form, and click Save or Save and go back one page.
FAQ: Check this out!
- Why am I getting an "email address already in use" error?
- How do I delete a duplicate owner?
- Why am I getting a "barcode already in use" error?
Why am I getting an "email address already in use" error?
Each owner record should have a unique email address. Two or more owners with the same email address will cause an error when editing one of these records.
This error message indicates one of the following:
- The same owner has been duplicated in your app.
- Two or more owners are sharing an email address, possibly with a dummy email address you've created.
- You have a browser autofill enabled on your computer that caused more than one owner to have your email address filled into the email field.
Correcting The Error Message:To correct this error, you must remove the duplicate email addresses by either:
- Deleting duplicate owners.
- Merging owners with multiple records.
- Making the email field optional on owner records.
- Disable and clear auto fill on any computers that you use with Gingr. Because devices that you use Gingr on are typically shared, it's always a good idea to disable autofill to preserve security.
How do I delete an owner?
Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » View All Owners.
Any owner that is eligible to be deleted will show a red Delete? button on the right-most column of this page. To delete an owner, click the Delete? button.
Please note: if this record has previous reservation or transaction history you cannot delete owner/animal records. Only records that do not have any reservation or transaction history are eligible for deletion.
Why am I getting a "barcode already in use" error?
If you are receiving an error that the "barcode is already in use" when trying to edit or create a new owner record, this is related to the Key Tag Barcode field type on the owner form.
This error indicates that there is more than one owner in your application that shares the same value in the Key Tag Barcode field.
If you use the Barcode feature to for Quick Check-In, ensure that all owners have unique value entered in this field. Additionally, ensure that browser auto-fill is disabled on any computers that you use to create or edit owner records in Gingr. This field type can be autofilled by your browser and could be the reason that you are seeing duplicates.
If you do not use the Barcode feature, you can remove this field from your Owner Form by going to Left-Hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Owner Form and deleting that field type.