Overview: What are we talking about?
When an employee leaves or is assigned to a new role, there is a quick way to reassign a new specialist to the old specialist's schedule. The new specialist will have to be an existing Gingr user, i.e. already have a user account set up in Gingr.
How to: Assign a New Specialist to an Old Specialist's Schedule
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Specialists.
- On the Existing Specialists list, find the specialist who has left or is changing roles, and click the pencil icon beside their name and service.
- Scroll down to the Manage Specialist form, and you will see this specialist's schedule for this service.
- Select a different User from the drop-down menu. All other details of the Service and schedule will remain the same (unless you want to edit them as well).
- Click Save Schedule at the bottom of the form.
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click the red x next to the previous specialist's name to delete the outdated schedule.
- You will get a pop-up asking you to confirm. Click OK to proceed with deleting, or Cancel to discontinue.
Important! As the pop-up indicates, changing specialists will not delete appointments scheduled for the previous specialist, so any upcoming appointments will need to be manually rescheduled with the new specialist.