Overview: What are we talking about?
In Gingr, when an employee no longer works for your facility they are "deactivated" instead of deleted. This retains the service history associated with their specialist/employee user account. In order to make a specialist no longer show at your facility, you'll need to make their user account inactive as well as delete their specialist availability.
How to: Deactivate a specialist.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Users.
- From the Users page, click the Active button under the Status column. This will take the user from Active to Inactive status.
- You will be asked to confirm. Click OK to continue, or Cancel to discontinue. Once deactivated, you will see Inactive beside the employee's information on the Inactive tab.
- To make sure they are no longer signed into Gingr, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Logout All Sessions.
Important! All currently logged in users, including you will be logged out instantly. You will need to log back in after this step.
- To ensure that this user cannot be booked for new appointments, you'll next need to delete their availability. To do, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports and More » Manage Schedules.
- On that page, click the Manage Specialists button.
- Then, delete their availability from that window by clicking the red x in the Actions column next to each of their specialties.
- Save your changes at the bottom of the pop up window.
Note: Deleting a specialists' availability does not delete any services that were already booked with them. You will need to use the Facility Calendar or Services by Date report to reschedule those currently booked appointments with another user!