Overview: What are we talking about?
In Gingr, you can create rates that are based on the weight of an animal. Some people choose to do this if they have different kennel sizes, or different rooms for different sized animals.
Set it Up: Let's get started.
Step 1: Set Base Rate
First, you will need to set the base rate to the smallest animal price.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Location Default Rates.
- Locate the Reservation Type that you'd like to use for setting up Weight Based Boarding.
- Enter the price for the SMALLEST animal. This will be your base rate, and the rules in Step 2 will add discounts/surcharges to that rate.
- Click Save Location Rates.
Step 2: Create Pricing Rule
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Pricing Rules.
- Select the Location and Reservation Type that you want this rule to apply to.
- Click Add Rule to create a new discount.
- Select Animal Weight, and set the value as the weight when the rule should charge. The Method and Amount fields are how much you wish to charge per unit of reservation.
Let's say that your smallest dog is $20, which is your base rate that you set above. From there you charge an additional fee per weight class. The Value entered is the weight at which that rule should start to take effect, at the beginning of the weight class. The Amount is what will be added to the reservation if the pet meets your set criteria. Here is what that might look like: