Overview: What are we talking about?
The easiest way to find any owner or animal in your system (and all information associated with them) is to use the Search function. Search is available on both desktop and mobile versions of Gingr.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- If an animal or owner has recently (within a few minutes) been added to your system, they may not show up immediately in the predictive search dropdown. This is because the search is cached. If you know someone was just added and they are not showing up in the predictive search results, after typing an animal or owner name in the search box, simply hit 'enter/return' on your keyboard to view full search results.
- To force the system to show the new owner or animal in the predictive search, clear your browser's cache.
- The results in the predictive search are influenced by a number of factors including server-side caching, browser caching, reservation history, search criteria and various heuristics. We can't guarantee/alter the results that show in the drop down menu, however over time, they'll become more relevant because the results are weighted by an animal's reservation history and your search habits.
- Banned/deactivated animals will not appear in the predictive search results, but can be viewed by clicking the Include Banned button on the full search results page. (To navigate to the full search results page, click enter/return on your keyboard after typing into the search box.)
How to: Search for Owners and Pets.
In Gingr's desktop view, the Search box is always visible in the top left of the app. You can type animal names or owner names, as well as owner phone numbers and email addresses.
You'll notice that as soon as you start typing, you'll start to see predictive search results with matching animal and owner names. Animals are listed first, then Owners.
Click any animal name to navigate to the animal's page, or any owner name to navigate to the owner's profile page.
Full Search Results
When you type into the Search box in Gingr's desktop view, you may also click enter/return on your keyboard to be taken to full search results for whatever you typed. From here, your options are:
- Click on the Owner's name to navigate to their owner profile page.
- Click on an Animal's name to navigate to their animal profile page.
- Hover over the phone icons to see the owner's home and cell phone numbers.
- Click the envelope icon to email the customer now.
- Click the quick check in button to check the pet in now.
- Click Include Banned button to include in the search results, animals that have been banned from your facility. Use the buttons in the upper left of the search page to sort your results.
Restrict to My Location, will only reflect animal/owners for the location you're logged into, instead of showing all locations.
Add to Active Campaign allows you to send a Marketing Campaign to all constituents based on your search.
In Gingr's mobile view (on a tablet or smartphone), you will find Search in the top right corner:
On the mobile search page, you will get the same predictive results as on a desktop, and you can get full search results by typing an owner or animal's name (or part of their name), as well as an owner's email address or phone number. Just as on the desktop search, click the animal or owner's name to go to their page.
FAQ: Check this out!
Can I search for customers that were added during certain dates?
Go to Reports within the Reports and More Icon on the left side of the application window.
Go to Owner Reports at the bottom of the page and click on New Customers.
- Choose a date range and Generate Report.
As you can see, we have a great list of customers added within that range. From here, you can export this list as an Excel File, or even add them to an Email Campaign!
Why can't I find what I'm looking for?
If you're having trouble finding animals from the search boxes in the app, try the following: