There are a few ways to take 'prepayment' in Gingr. In Gingr, accepting pre-payments for a reservation is called a Deposit. Deposits can be required during specific date ranges, and can also be allowed for any reservation (you must enable the Allow Deposits on any Reservation system-wide setting). Another option would be to Add Credit to an owner profile to be used at check-out to pay for the reservation.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In Gingr you cannot apply balances or deposits to reservations prior to check-out.
- Gingr does not support invoicing.
- If you're utilizing Added Credits you can generate reservation estimates to add credit for the full amount of the reservation charge.
If the Allow Deposits on any Reservation system setting is enabled, deposits can be added onto reservations from the New Reservation and Edit Reservation pages.
Alternatively, you can generate an estimate and then create a deposit for the total.
To finish adding the deposit, click on the Save button to save the reservation. Upon successful save of the reservation, you will be prompted to collect the deposit:
Click on Collect Deposit Now to collect the deposit. You will be presented with the deposit payment collection window. Choose the proper payment method and click Collect Deposit.
After collecting the deposit, if this owner has additional unpaid deposits, you will be prompted to collect for those as well. At check out, this deposit will automatically be applied in the shopping cart. See this article for more information.
Using Added Credit:
To add credit to an owner profile you will follow these steps.
- Navigate to the owner profile > transactions tab > click the green 'add credit' button for the amount you would like to apply to the account.
2. You will then see the balance on their owner profile:
3. When the pet is ready to be checked-out you'll place the pet in the cart and add the balance toward their reservation by clicking the green "$" icon: