This article will show you how to create and send text messages directly from your Gingr application. Your customers can reply to text messages sent from Gingr and you can respond with a custom message. You can also select any customer at any time to send them a custom text message. Incoming text notifications are visible from anywhere in the app, and you can type up a custom response to send immediately.
If this feature is something you're interested in, you can head to Left Navigation Admin » Update Billing Info in your application to get signed up.
You will then configure your permissions (see "Settings" below), you are ready to start using the Two-Way SMS feature!
- $100/location/year (if you already have a custom phone number for texts in Gingr, then you won't be charged again)
- Includes 1000 incoming SMS per month. After 1000 incoming message, you'll be charged $0.02/SMS received
- $0.00/SMS sent
- Receive SMS from your customers
- Custom replies to SMS
- Send SMS to any phone number you'd like
- User notification when incoming SMS is delivered
- User permission for who is allowed to send custom SMS
- Dedicated SMS log
Sending SMS Messages
To send an SMS you will access the 'Conversations' area from the Top Right Chat Bubble Icon:
Important: you must have a custom SMS number in order to use this feature.
From here you will see the entire SMS history log for Sent and Received text messages:
In the top left you will see a '+' with a search bar:
- The '+', is what you will click to compose and send a new message.
- If you would like to search for an existing number you've already been in contact with you will use the search tool.
To send a new message, click the '+' and a pop-up will appear:
Note: If an owner does not have a Mobile number, they will not populate in the Owner search bar. Text input field is capped at 160 characters.
Once you click send the SMS will be sent immediately and the new message will appear in the history of the Conversations page.
You can then directly respond to your customers from the messaging box:
From the same messaging box, you can create a new reservation for the animal/owner you're sending a message to:
If you click the red 'x' it will close the Conversations page.
Permissions (Navigate to the Left Menu Bar > Book Icon > Groups):
Pro-tip: find permissions on the page quickly by typing Control+F (PC) or Command+F (Mac), then typing the name of the permission.
For users to send Custom SMS, the "Can Send SMS" user permission must be turned on for at least one group they are in. It is turned on for all groups by default.
For users to receive in-app notifications for incoming text messages, they must have the "Notification: Incoming SMS" user permission turned on. It is turned off for all groups by default.