Overview: What are we talking about?
The appointment card is designed to put all the information a groomer needs about a pet into one place. Appointment cards will show in various places including the Dashboard, Calendar Details, Manage Services, Service by Date Report, Animal & Owner profile and the shopping cart. If a scheduled service is assigned to a reservation for the current date it will show on the Appointment Card, otherwise, a history of scheduled services will show for the future.
Helpful Hints: Before you get started.
The appointment card icon will show regardless of any scheduled services for existing checked-in reservations, but its a great quick reference for a history of scheduled services past or future.
- If you don't want to use the Appointment Card, it can be disabled from Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System-wide Settings » Show appointment card icon » No.
Set it up: Let's get started.
Step 1: Set up Reservation Form
If you so choose, you can create new Reservation Forms for your specific reservation types. For example, if you only need specific information to show up for a Grooming Appointment you can create a reservation form that's only required for Grooming. These forms are edited when creating a new reservation or appointment.
- Navigate to: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Forms » Reservation form.
- From the right-hand Toolbox you'll select the field type you'd like to add:
- You will then edit the field according to where you would like it to display:
- Then adjust these settings accordingly:
Step 2: Utilizing the Appointment Card
From the Dashboard, you can see the new Appointment Card Icon. This icon will show regardless of any scheduled services.
Anatomy of an Appointment Card
A. If a service is scheduled for the current date, this area will display the service details. From here you can:
- Edit the Appointment
- Mark the service as complete
- Send a 'Ready for Pickup' SMS/Email
How to Re-book:
- Click on the Re-book button and a pop-up will appear for date and service selection:
- Click 'Continue Booking' and you will be redirected to the New Appointment page that will auto-populate the date and service selection to continue booking:
Note: you can access the Appointment Card from the New Appt page to reference a history of service information in case needed to schedule the current appointment.
From here you can add Service Options and save accordingly.
B. On the right side of the Appointment Card there are 4 tabs (Data, Employee Notes, History and Future).
Data will allow the user to edit or view tagged fields from the Reservation Form, Animal and Owner Forms. If you click the edit pencil icon next to the form, you can edit any of the tagged/displayed fields:
Here you can add Employee Notes just like you can from the Animal and Owner profiles:
This tab will show all previously scheduled service history
This tab will show all future scheduled services