Overview: What are we talking about?
We have taken the information that you provided to us, and have used it to provide you with an official application through CardConnect which will include all of your rate-match information, contact information, etc. This is their standard form for all new customers that will need to be reviewed and electronically signed so that they can open your merchant account.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- We recommend completing this on a laptop or computer, rather than a mobile device - preferably using Chrome or Firefox.
If you are unable to access the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a paper application to sign.
- If you are a Canadian business, you will be sent a PDF application and will not need to complete the steps in this article.
How to: Digitally Sign the CardConnect Application.
You will receive an email from email@example.com. If you don't see it right away, be sure to check your SPAM folder.
At the bottom of this email, you will see a button that says Sign My Application. When you click this button, you will be re-directed to the CardPointe website.
Here, you will need to create an account. This account will be used for your application, and for your online portal access to view statements and activity.
Step 1: Business Information
Once our account has been created, you will be taken straight to your application. We have entered most of the information for you (please verify that it is correct), and you will also need to provide the following:
- Tax ID:
- Date of Birth (DOB):
- Last 4-digits of your Social Security Number (SSN):
Once you have verified everything on this page, you will scroll down and click on Ok. Looks great, let's move on!
Step 2: Banking & Processing Information
- You will then be prompted to set up your Banking Information. This is where your deposits will appear, and fees will be deducted (if applicable).
- The next section is Processing Info. We have already completed this section for you based on the statements you provided to us. If you did not provide a statement, we included information that we believe is most relevant to your business (based on industry averages) and will result in the quickest approval.
Once reviewed, click on Ok. Looks great, let's move on!
Important! If you see anything here that is grossly incorrect, please let us know before making any changes.
Step 3: Equipment
Here, you will verify the equipment that you have chosen for this account. Please be sure to verify the Model and Quantity. If either of these are incorrect, please let us know before moving forward.
Step 4: Agree & Sign
Next, you will be taken to a page with all of your rates and fees listed out by line item. Once you have confirmed that these are correct, proceed to the next section of the page.
You might have questions around some of the fees you see on this page, but these are likely incidental fees that are only triggered in certain situations:
- DDA Reject Fee - this is an insufficient funds fee if there aren’t funds in your account to cover the monthly processor fees.
- Chargeback Fee - this fee is only imposed when someone claims you did not provide the product or service you charged them for, or if a card is used fraudulently (a stolen card) and the real card holder claims not to have made the purchase. Very rare in our industry.
- Retrieval Fee - this fee is only implemented if you request records from the processor older than 18 months. You will never pay this as your can see your records in Gingr going back to the start of your account.
- PCI Non-Compliance Fee - you only incur this fee if you do not fill out the questionnaire and scan. We give you step by step instructions on how to remain compliant and avoid this fee. And you have 60 days after your account is approved to get it done, so plenty of time to avoid any fees.
- Early Termination Fee - note that this has been set to $0 (above) which overrides what is listed in the Program Guide (below).
As you scroll down, you will see a copy of the First Data Program Guide for your review, as well as 3 checkboxes and a signature box.
- You can download the First Data Program Guide for your records, and click the box that says I have read and agree to the First Data Program Guide.
- In the box that says Sign Here, you will need to type in your full name as it appears on the application.
- Check the first box that states I am a Corporate Officer and I give my Personal Guarantee.
- Then, click I Agree to electronically sign the application.
You will then be taken back to the main screen where your application will be listed as In Progress.
- Approval generally occurs within 1-2 business days unless additional information is requested.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org entitled: Your Application is Complete! Welcome to CardPointe. This will include your MID which you will use to configure Gingr: Setting Up Credit Card Processing in Gingr