Overview: What are we talking about?
There are many forms in Gingr that come pre-loaded with many useful fields and can be customized to determine the information you gather about customers and pets, most used are Animal and Owner forms. You have the ability to customize these forms so that you can set where this information is displayed in your app, whether the information is required for customers and/or employees to enter when creating and editing profiles, how the form is organized, and more!
This article includes:
- Using the Manage Forms Pages
- Field Guide
- Where Tagged Fields Display
- Reservation Forms
- Power-User Tip
- Set Up the Animal Form
- Set Up the Owner Form
- Set Up the Reservation Form
- Customizing Form Fields
- Embeddable Lead Capture Form
- Contact Us & Lead Forms
- Set Up the Incident Report Form
- Setting Up a Gingr PreCheck Form
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Important! If you delete a field, ALL DATA that has previously been entered into that field on existing Owner and Animal profiles WILL BE DELETED AND CANNOT BE RECOVERED.
- To save any changes you make to the form, you must scroll to the bottom of the form and click the Save button.
- If you add information to a field and then proceed to edit the field name, this will remove any previously input information.
- If you want to use a field type and do not understand the settings, please set the field to Business Form Only and experiment with the other settings. If you get stuck, contact support!
There are five main forms that you can access on the Left-hand Navigation: Admin page:
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Owner Form
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Animal Form
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation Form
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Leads Form
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Gingr PreCheck
Click on the specific form you wish to edit from the Left-hand Navigation: Admin page, and then adjust the following settings.
You can edit fields listed on this page by hovering over them, then clicking the pencil icon. This will bring up a modal window where you can make your changes. (Don't forget to save!)
You can remove non 'System Fields' from a form by hovering over them then clicking the trash can.
If you want to re-arrange how the fields are displayed in order, you can do so by dragging them up or down.
Add new fields:
You can add a new field by clicking them in the Toolbox. They will appear at the bottom of the form. Scroll down to edit them, then drag them up to position them on the form.
|Display Label||This is the text that will display over the input field. Newly added fields will display with a "Placeholder Label"|
|Display Description||This is the text that will display in the owner forms under the Display Label. This can contain helpful tips for the user completing the field.||This is preferrable to squeezing the entire description into the field label.|
This is the name the system will use to identify the field.
|You generally do not want to edit it and cannot edit it for System Fields.|
|Hide on Customer Registration Form?||This field indicates that any new customers registering with the business will not see this field.|
|Who is Required to Complete This Field?||
Either Customers or Employees must enter data into this field when creating or editing their profile.
|Which Reservation Type(s) is this Required For?||When enabled, the system will consider a field required when completing a form specific to a reservation type.||This can only be required on the customer portal, the business side will not give notification if this field is required for a specific reservation type.|
|Who Can See/Edit This Field?||This field can only be viewed and used by your business, customers or everyone. If business is selected, it can only be viewed and used by your business. It is not visible to customers. If Customer is selected, only customers can use and edit this field, but the data that is entered will be visible to your business wherever you choose to display it in your app.|
|Which Reservation Type(s) Is This Field Visible For?||When enabled, the system will only display fields when completing a form specific to a reservation type.|
|Tags||These control where the data for this field is displayed.||If it is a System Field, the data will be displayed in pre-determined places in the app in addition to wherever you select.|
|Default Value||This will input a default value in the specified setting.||This will be present in the form, unless it is overwritten.|
Where Tagged Fields Display
Here are the locations of the Tags selected from the above field setting.
These fields will show up in a special Details section of the Details tab on the Owner or Animal Profile.
These fields will show up in the Additional Details tab on the Owner or Animal Profile.
These fields will show up in the Owner and Animal tabs of the information panel that appears when clicking the pencil icon under a pet's name on the Dashboard.
These fields will appear on your run cards.
These fields will appear on the on the printed owner record (Owner Profile » Print Record)
These fields appear under the Owner/Animal/Reservation section on the Appointment Card feature.
These fields will show on the View All Pets/View All Owners page from Left Navigation: Paw Icon » View all Pets/View All Owners.
Reservation forms allow you to add additional information to reservations from the New Reservation Page. You can set these forms to only show for specific reservation types as not all reservation types require the same information.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation Form.
From there you'll see the already existing Notes that can't be removed, however, you can add another field from the Toolbox on the right:
You can adjust the field settings for the new field by hovering and clicking the edit icon:
If you'd like this field to only show for specific reservation types you'll select the reservation types like this and save:
Here is how the new field will show when creating a new reservation:
This new field will also show in the Appointment Cards:
If you plan on making a lot of adjustments to your forms, you'll be going back and forth to them frequently. It can help to make links to the Manage Owner Form and Manage Animal Form pages in your Quick Navigation.
- In one tab, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Owner Form.
- Copy the URL from the address bar in your browser
- In another tab, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Users and click the Action button for your user account. Select Quick Navigation
- On the Quick Navigation page, click the Add Quick Navigation Item button
- Paste in the URL you copied. For the icon, enter fa fa-user or use any other icon you find here. Save!
- Repeat for the owner form. Suggested icon: fa fa-paw