Overview: What are we talking about?
Contact Us and Lead Forms enable locations to collect information from existing clients as well as potential new clients through customizable forms that are available through the customer portal and can be embedded on the business website.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
Lead Forms are used to collect virtual information from new and existing clients. With lead forms, you can funnel in questions from existing clients into one report as well as create lead forms for specific events to track potential new clients.
With the lead form, you can collect as little or as much information as needed from the client to complete their inquiry by adding and removing the required fields.
- Customers who submit a lead form that do not yet have active pets WILL NOT show up in the main search bar. However, they can be searched for from Owners & Pets » View All Owners
- You can configure user groups to receive a notification when customers submit new lead forms. Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups and turn on the Notification: New Lead Received permission.
- This permission can be local to only the location where the form was submitted or can be global, meaning a notification will display at all locations when a customer submits a form.
- For more information see our article on App Notifications.
How to: Create and edit existing lead forms
You can create and edit existing lead forms under Admin » Lead Forms. There is no limit to the number of lead forms that can be created, but the original form delivered to all Gingr apps is directly linked to the Contact Us page on the customer portal.
In the sidebar, click the Admin icon (), then select Customer Portal » Lead Forms.
Click the Create Lead Form button. A New form builder will open. The first step includes four fields: Form Type, Label, Name, and Description.
Select Lead as the Form Type and enter the internal form name into the Label field. This will automatically populate the Name field. Enter a brief Description describing the purpose of the form (i.e. Dog Days of Summer Event).
- Use the Toolbox to add additional fields to the form by clicking on the desired field.
- Hover over fields to select the Edit icon ( ) to adjust the field-specific settings.
Set the name of the field in Display Label and optionally add a description to further clarify any instructions or necessary additional information in the Display Description.
Important! Fields tagged as 'Required for Customer' indicate that 'Customers' has been selected under Who Is Required to Complete This Field?. This means pet parents filling out this form on the customer portal must complete that field and will not be able to save the form until they do so.
All remaining fields do not affect the lead form and should be left in their default state.
How to: View lead forms
You can view lead forms under Reports » Leads Report.
- Run the report for the specified date range.
- Optionally, filter by Name, Phone, Email.
- Optionally, filter out by New Customers Only or only Completed Forms.
- Select which of your lead forms you would like to view.
- In the report that appears below, you can email them directly, invite them to register on the customer portal, add notes, edit the owner, as well as add pets.
For more information on customizing forms, click here.
For information on how to embed the lead form on your facility’s website, click here.