Overview: What are we talking about?
Photos and videos that have been added to report cards can easily be shared to Facebook. Pet owners love it, and it's a great way to keep your clients involved on your Facebook page!
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
Important! Gingr will share photos to the Timeline of the account you are using Facebook as. If you are logged into your personal account, it will post to your Timeline. If you are using Facebook as your business, it will post to your business's Timeline.
- To post to your business's Timeline, you must have permission to do so from the Facebook page's Administrator.
- If you haven't already done so, be sure to link Gingr with Facebook before you begin. Here is an article that outlines how to do that: Linking Gingr with Facebook.
How to: Share photos and videos to Facebook.
- While logged into Gingr, open Facebook in another tab and login.
- In Gingr, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Report Cards » Share Files.
- On the Share Files page, click the Share to Facebook button to share a photo to Facebook!
- Your browser will open a little pop-up window that allows you to add text to the post and set your privacy preferences. Click the Share button in that window and you're done! Your photo is posted to Facebook!
Opting Out of Facebook Photo/Video Sharing:
Customers can opt out of having their pet's photos and videos shared on Facebook. To opt a customer out:
From the business side of Gingr
- Navigate to the owner's profile and click the pencil icon to edit.
- On the edit page, find the Opt out photo sharing and set it to Yes/On.
- Click Save.
From the Customer Portal
- Have the customer log into their profile on the customer portal.
- They need to navigate to Top Navigation: My Account » Communication Preferences.
- From there, they can deselect Report Card Photo/Video Sharing, then click Save Settings.