Overview: What are we talking about?
From one convenient place in Gingr, you can manage inventory, items for sale, and print SKU labels for them.
This article includes
- Label Size: the label size you want to use is 3.5 x 1-1/8" "Address Labels".
- Only users with the can manage POS items user permission can update and manage inventory.
- Refresh the page to see the updated current stock.
- You can now update your inventory in bulk from a CSV file! To do so, on the Update Inventory page, click the "Export" button to get a file that you can modify. Open that file with your desired spreadsheet editor and update the stock column with your desired inventory amount. Once satisfied, click the "Update Stock via Spreadsheet" button on the Update Inventory page, select your spreadsheet and select OK.
- TheList Update Print SKU page will only show enabled items.
This page is where you control inventory details for the location you are currently logged into. Only enabled items will be available on this page. See the below Field Guide for detailed explanations of each column header and field on this page.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Retail or Left-hand Navigation: Point of Sale » Sell Retail & Packages
- Click Update Inventory and Print SKU Labels at the top of the page
- On the Update Inventory page, you can search for items by typing the name or SKU (UPC) into the Search Item box at the top of the Item column, or by placing your cursor into that field and scanning the item's barcode. You can also filter by account code if preferred.
- View the current stock quantity and add new stock in the Amount to Add column. To add to the current stock, enter a positive number. To subtract from the current stock, enter a minus sign in front of the number to make it a negative.
- After making your updates, click the Update Inventory button at the bottom of the page.
You will be prompted to print labels with a popup at the top of the screen. If you click okay then you will be forwarded to a screen with labels for each item you updated if it has an SKU plugged in.
Please note that if you perform this action you will need to go back to click the Update Inventory button once more to save your changes.
|Item||This is the item you are making available for sale|
|Location||This is the location you are currently logged into|
|Amount to Add||To adjust stock enter an amount in this box, then scroll down to click the Update Inventory button at the bottom of the page
||You may have to refresh the page to see the updated current inventory amount.|
|Restock Threshold||Enter a number to set the minimum amount to have on-hand. Once this number is hit, it will be time to restock||The new restock threshold you enter in this field is saved automatically, and you will see a success message in the lower left of your screen.
|Restock Amount||Enter a number to set the amount you would like to order once the restock threshold has been reached||
The new restock threshold you enter in this field is saved automatically, and you will see a success message in the lower left of your screen.
|Print # of Labels||If you wish to print labels (price stickers) upon saving, enter the number here|
Printing SKU Labels
After Updating Inventory:
Once you press Update Inventory a pop up to print SKU labels will appear. Click OK to continue on to print labels. (Or Cancel if you want to only update the inventory and not print labels.)
Cancel or save Inventory update:
From here, make your printing selections and print the labels.
Important! Gingr SKU labels are optimized for DYMO LW Multi-Purpose size 3.5 x 1-1/8" "Address Labels"
Print Labels Any Time:
- Select the box beside the item(s) for which you need to print labels, and enter the number of labels you wish to print.
- Click the Print Labels button at the bottom of the page.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm. Click OK to continue to print (or Cancel to not print).
- Make printing selections and print your labels.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Retail
Click View from the Actions Menu.
You will be directed to the following page. From here, your options are:
View the transaction history for the past 30 days in which this item was purchased and or returned.
Click the View Items button to navigate to the complete list of Point of Sale Items.
Click Add to Cart to add this item to the shopping cart now.
Click View Shopping Cart to navigate to the shopping cart.
Click View Receipt to view the receipt for a specific transaction.