Overview: What are we talking about?
The Merge function is useful when duplicate owner veterinarians are created, and appear multiple times in your drop-down lists when creating an animal profile. This feature allows you to merge those records, to create one master record.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Merging veterinarian records is done at your own risk, and cannot be undone.
- The names of the Veterinarian do not have to match, so it's important to make sure you are selecting the correct records to merge.
- All admin users have access to the admin page controlling these settings. Additionally, admin users are able to delegate this particular admin page to other user groups. Non-admin users with access to this page will be able to make edits that affect all locations in the app. For more information see our article on User Groups and Permissions.
How to: Merge Veterinarians.
- Navigate to: Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Merge Data
- Merge this Veterinarian: This is the veterinarian that will be "going away"
- Into this Veterinarian: This will become the master record
If the veterinarian records are merged successfully, you will get a success notification in the bottom left of the app.