Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr offers an integrated credit card processing feature that allows you to fully integrate your card processing with your application through CardConnect. This article covers how to configure Gingr for credit card processing. Integrated credit card processing is only available in US & Canada at this time.
This article includes:
- All admin users have access to the admin page controlling these settings. Additionally, admin users are able to delegate this particular admin page to other user groups. Non-admin users with access to this page will be able to make edits that affect all locations in the app. For more information see our article on User Groups and Permissions.
- Clover devices are not able to be re-provisioned. When purchased from CardConnect, the MID of the facility is hard-coded into the terminal itself before shipping out to the location. If not purchased from CardConnect using Gingr's order form with your active MID, the terminal cannot be repurposed or linked to your Gingr account later.
- Ingenico terminals can be reprovisioned to a new MID if the two MIDs are linked. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this process and provide both MIDs that will be involved in this transfer.
Configuring Settings in Gingr:
Before you begin, ensure that you have your CardConnect Merchant ID (MID) handy. You'll need the MID in order to connect your merchant account to Gingr. You should have received an email from Card Connect listing your MID with the subject "Your Application is Complete! Welcome to CardPointe." from CoPilot at email@example.com.
Important! If you cannot locate your MID, contact our support team and they will provide it for you.
Adding the Merchant ID to Gingr:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Credit Card Processing.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the CardConnect record listed on this page.
- Enter your Merchant ID.
Payment Processor Settings
Setting Description Helpful Hint Location Choose the location associated with the correct Merchant ID. If you only have one location, this will default for you. Currency This will default to USD. If you are in Canada, you can set this to CAD. Gingr does not support credit card processing outside of the US and Canada at this time. Use Tips Enable this setting to prompt for a tip when charging a credit card on a terminal. Merchant ID Enter your Merchant ID without spaces. Only one MID can be entered here. If you have multiple locations but only one CardConnect processor listed, please contact support. Tips card on file Enable this setting to prompt for a tip when charging a card on file on a terminal.
Connect Payment Processor to Credit Card Payment Method:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Payment Methods.
- Edit the Credit Card payment method by clicking the pencil icon.
- Select CardConnect from the drop-down menu next to Processor.
Payment Method Settings
Setting Description Type What kind of payment method is this?
Do not create multiple credit card types for Visa, Master Card, Amex...etc.
Processor If this payment method is used to capture integrated credit card transactions, select that processor here. Zero Payment This setting should only be enabled for the No Payment method, and only one zero payment method can exist. Open Cash Drawer Modal If enabled, payments of this method will trigger the system to display integrated cash drawers and receipt printers. Status Is this payment method active? Show Change Calculator Enabling this setting will display the change calculator during checkout.
Setting up a Terminal Device
Gingr currently supports the following terminals from CardConnect:
- INGENICO iSC250 Touch BOLT: For instructions on setting up your iSC250 Touch CLICK HERE
- INGENICO iPP350 BOLT: For instructions on setting up your iPP350 CLICK HERE
- INGENICO iSMP4 BOLT: For instructions on setting up your iSMP4 CLICK HERE
- Clover Mini: For instructions on setting up your Clover Mini CLICK HERE
- Clover Flex: For instructions on setting up your Clover Flex CLICK HERE