Overview: What are we talking about?
When an animal passes away, you will want to update your records accordingly. You will be able to update the animal profile so that the pet no longer shows up on the customer side of the app, and so that reminder emails are no longer sent.
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Some places in the app will use the term Banned in pace of Deactivated. Banned is the old word for Deactivated in the app, and will eventually be updated in all places.
- Deactivated animals will no longer show up on the customer side of the app and all future reservations for this animal will be canceled. No future reservations will be able to be made.
- Vaccination reminder emails will no longer be sent for this animal.
- In addition to deactivating the animal, we recommend annotating the pet's name to indicate that they are deceased. Example: Daisy: DECEASED.
- They will not show up in the regular search at the top of the app, but can only be found by searching the View All Animals report: Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » View All Animals.
- This is a superior solution to deleting the animal, because, by marking the animal as deactivated, you get to keep all past records of this animal's reservations, etc.
How to: Deactivate an animal.
- Navigate to the page of the animal that you want to deactivate, click on the pencil icon, and then Edit Pet.
- Edit the pet's name to say DECEASED. Ex: "Daisy DECEASED
- Scroll down and locate the Deactivated field. Set it to Yes.
- Click the Save button to finish.