Overview: What are we talking about?
This article includes:
- Create and Activate a New User Account
- Assign a Location and User Groups
- Employee Sign Up Instructions
- Importing Users
Helpful Hints: Before you begin
- "Admin" users are users in your app with the highest level of permissions. These users can add, edit, and remove user groups, edit others' user accounts, access all admin pages, and more. Please note that you should restrict this access to only trusted employees as they will have access to many settings within the app.
- Non-admin users can be delegated select admin pages. Please see our article on User Groups and Permissions for more information on allowing certain users to access only select admin pages while retaining other restrictions on their access.
- Gingr does not ever delete users. When an employee leaves your company, you will set their status to Inactive. This way, records of actions, appointments, and reservations associated with the employee remain intact.
Video Tutorial: A helpful tour.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Users.
- Click Create a New User.
Fill out the New User Form:
Enter a temporary password for the user. They will log in for the first time with the temporary password you provide, and then they will be able to reset it. If you prefer to have your employee sign up on their own, please scroll down the bottom of this article for instructions.
Select the correct home Location for this user.
Important! You must set the location in order for the user to be able to log in to Gingr.
Choose the user's User Groups.
- Select the group you would like this user to be in. They should only be a part of the user group with the highest level of permission you would like to grant. Having users as part of multiple groups can cause errors to be sure to select only one.
- Deselect groups they should not be in. Selecting user groups is an important step as it determines which user permissions the user will have (what they can or cannot do/ see in Gingr). It is recommended that users only be in one user group with the highest level of permissions they should have access to.
Click Sign Up.
4. Upon clicking Sign Up, you will be directed back to the User Page.
Edit / Update User Account Settings
- Click Edit from the Actions Menu.
- You will be navigated to the Edit User page.
- From here, you can edit the username, contact information, home location and allowed locations (if multiple), and group permissions.
- Click Save User.
- Direct your employee to: https://companyname.gingrapp.com/auth/create_user. (Replace "companyname" with your sub domain).
- They will fill out the Sign Up form with their name, email address, phone number and password, and click Sign Up.
- Once they have done this, you can activate their account, set the home location, assign user groups (as shown above).
- Once you Save User, they will be able to log in for the first time.