Overview: What are we talking about?
Your Employee Notes tab in the Animal and Owner profiles are where your staff can leave notes, updates or any info needed about either the animal or owner that are completely private to the business.
This article includes:
- If you hover over the edit pencil icon you can view when the note was created or edited.
- To show the year in employee notes, head to Admin » Custom Configurations and enter ddd, MM/DD/YYYY, h:mm a into the Js date string format field
- All admin users have access to the admin page controlling these settings. Additionally, admin users are able to delegate this particular admin page to other user groups. Non-admin users with access to this page will be able to make edits that affect all locations in the app. For more information see our article on User Groups and Permissions.
Set it Up: Let's Get Started
Step 1: Create Note Types
- Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Note Types
- Click + Add button and create the Note Type
- Below is a Field Guide that will help you complete the form
- Click the Save button when you are finished
This is the type of note you would like to categorize the note as.
When sending an email directly to the customer through the Leads Report, you can make it so the email is sent directly to the Employee Notes tab as the specific Note Type.
The Note Type will display when sending a customized email to the customer from the Leads Report (Reports & More > Leads Report)
Is Owner Type
When creating a note it will only be assigned to the Owner Profile.
Is Animal Type
When creating a note it will only be assigned to the Animal Profile.
Show On Run Card
If enabled, the notes will appear on the Run Card
|Notes must be assigned a Note Type that has this setting enabled to appear on the Run Card.
Step 2: Create Employee Note
- Navigate to Animal or Owner Profile
- Click the Employee Note tab » Create Note
- Select the Note Type
- Enter the note, optionally editing the formatting as well. You can insert images into the body of the note and much more.
- Click the Save button when finished
How to: Add Employee Notes to Run Cards
There are a couple of interacting settings allowing for Employee Notes on run cards.
- From Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Run Card Settings, ensure the toggle is on for "Show employee notes on run card".
- From Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Employee Notes, choose which Note "Types" should show on run cards.
- From the Animal or Owner Profile, assign the applicable Note Type applicable to each note.