Note: There is an issue with Windows 10 and Printnode. Currently, there cannot be any images in printed receipts. Please ensure that the small receipt custom text field in your Location does not have any images.
1. Download / Prepare Star TSP Printer drivers
- Download the latest drivers from here and select your printer model, then select the "software full" download button
- Unzip the downloaded folder in your computer downloads folder
- Open the unzipped folder, open the Setup folder, then double click the "setup_" application (for newer computers use 86 setup and for older computers use 64 setup)
Note: If you have a security program in place, then please select Yes when it asks if you would like to allow this program to make changes to your computer.
2. Install Star TSP Printer drivers
- Once you see the first screen of the InstallShield Wizard come up, click Next to begin installation.
- Enter a User Name and an Organization, if necessary.
- Select Typical installation and then click Next.
- Then, click Install.
- Finally, click Finish.
- Once the wizard is complete, a confirmation window will display.
3. Configure printer settings
- First, make sure your Star TSP printer is plugged in and turned on.
- Next, make sure that the printer's settings are correct. You can do this by navigating to Devices and Printers on your Windows Control Panel:
- Locate the Star TSP printer and right-click on the printer icon and select Printing preferences.
- On the Layout tab, make sure that Portrait is selected. On the Paper/Quality tab, ensure that the paper source is set to FRICTION. Then click Advanced.
- On the Advanced Options window, change the paper size to 72mm x Receipt. Then click OK, and then OK again.
- Once you're on the Printers and Devices screen again, right-click on the TSP 100 (143) icon and select Printer properties.
- On the Ports tab, make sure Enable bidirectional support is checked.
- On the Advanced tab, change the radio button to Print directly to the printer.
- On the Device Settings tab, change "FRICTION" to "72mm x 200mm"; Page Cut Type to "No Cut"* (, Document Cut Type to "Partial Cut", "Peripheral Unit Type" to "Cash Drawer", "Peripheral Unit 1" to "Document Top" (select "Document Bottom" if setting up PrintNode integration). Click Apply, then click on the General tab.
*in some cases "Partial Cut" for Paper Cut Type can be used if "No Cut" is causing paper printing length issues.
- On the General tab, click on Preferences. In the new window, Click Advanced. Change Paper size to "72mm x Receipt".
- Click OK.
Article is closed for comments.