If you charge/discount for pets based on the length of their stay, Gingr can automatically reference the duration of their stay to apply the proper discounts or charges using the pricing rule type Units of Reservation.
This article includes:
- Helpful Hints
- Types of Extended Stay Discounts
- Creating Extended Stay Discounts
- The units of reservation pricing rules are based on the number of nights stayed between the time of check-in and check out.
Units of reservation are based on the charge by setting on reservation types.
- Charge by Night
- Charge by Day
- Charge by 24 hrs
- Charge by Hour
Types of Extended Stay Discounts:
|Units of Reservation (Daily Rate Modifier)||This pricing rule is based on the number of units of reservation completed and discounts the nightly rate.||Example: $5 off per night when staying 10 or more nights.|
|Units of Reservation (Final Rate Modifier)||This pricing rule is based on the number of units of reservation completed and provides a 1-time discount.||Example: 1 night free for every 10 nights of boarding.|
Creating Extended Stay Discounts:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Pricing Rules.
- Select the Location and Reservation Type that you want this rule to apply to.
- Create a new pricing rule group to tell the system when you would like pricing to take effect. Or select an existing pricing rule group.
- Click Add Rule to create a new charge/discount.
|Label||Enter the label for the pricing rule, this will be displayed on invoices to customers||
|Type||select 1 of the 2 options for Units of Reservation|
|Value||Enter the number of nights that a reservation needs to complete to trigger the rule.||
|Method||Select Dollar, Percentage, or Reservation Type|
|Amount||Enter the discount as a negative number.|
Example 1: Units of Reservation (Daily Rate Modifier)
Discount: 5% off for 10 or more nights of boarding, 10% off for 15 or more nights of boarding
Example 2: Units of Reservation (Final Rate Modifier)
Discount: 1 Free night of boarding for every 7 nights completed.
When applying a percentage discount, Gingr bases the discount on the nightly rate. For every 100%, the customer is receiving 1 full night free.
Just trying to hold our 10 night discount over the holidays. Been searching help for 20 minutes now - all dead ends.
Please sign in to leave a comment.