Overview: What are we talking about?
In Gingr, there are Areas and Lodgings. An Area is a room or building within a facility that contains Lodgings (kennels/runs/pens/crates/suites/etc.). If you only have one room in your facility that contains Lodgings you may choose to only create one Area (example: Boarding Room). In this article, we will show you how to create areas, lodging types (optional), lodgings, and how to manage the related settings.
This article includes:
- Creating Areas and Lodgings
- Add Lodgings in Bulk - Lodging Template
- Lodging Transfers
- Setting Up Lodging Types
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- A Lodging is the specific kennel/run/pen/crate/suite/etc. the animal stays in within the Area. For example, if we have an Area of Suites, our Lodgings would we Suite 1, Suite 2, Suite 3, etc.
- Lodgings are intended to be selected when a reservation type that requires Lodging (example: Boarding) is scheduled. Lodgings are booked at the time that the reservation is scheduled.
- Lodgings are for internal use only and are never able to be selected by customers through the customer portal.
- If your facility is Cage Free (you don't use enclosures like pens, kennels, crates, etc.) then you can skip creating lodgings.
- Only those in the Admin User Group can create and manage areas and lodgings.
Important! DO NOT delete lodgings if you are live. Stop and contact our Support Team for further instructions.
Important! The order you create your lodgings in is the order in which they will display on the Lodging Chooser and on the Lodging Calendar (in their respective Areas) so take a moment to plan their display order.
Set it Up: Let's get started.
Step 1: Create an AreaIf you have already set up an area for this lodging, you can skip to Step 2.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Areas/Lodgings.
- On the Lodgings Page, click Add Area button.
- You will be presented with a pop-up window to enter in information on the area. Use the Field Guide below to fill out the short form.
- Click the Create button.
- Repeat until you have created all desired Areas.
|Location ID||If you manage different locations, make sure to choose the location you want to set up now.|
|Name||Choose a name for your area that staff will easily understand.|
|Description||Briefly describe the Area (optional). As you can see, this is a rich text box so you can format and add imagery if you would like.|
Below is an example of a facility that has Areas and Lodging already created. Notice that Petite Suite indicates the Area whereas Petite Suite 1 is a Lodging within that Area. Then the Description, Max animals, Max Weight, and Reservation Types indicates the parameters for the specific lodging.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Areas/Lodgings.
- Select the Area that you want to add lodgings to.
- Click Add Lodging button.
- Use the Field Guide below to set up your Lodging information.
- Click Save to finish completing your lodgings.
- Repeat until you have created all desired Lodgings.
|Name||Choose a name for the Lodging. (e.g. "Small 1" or "Park Avenue").||You do not need to number your lodgings in this field as you can use the "What's the starting number for this lodging?" setting below to automatically number your lodgings.|
|Description||Enter a description for the Lodging (optional).|
|Max # of animals||Enter the maximum number of animals that this lodging can accommodate. This is a guide, you will be able to override this. The system will give you a warning before it allows you to override.||This is a guide, you will be able to override this. The system will give you a warning before it allows you to override.|
|Max weight of animals||Enter the maximum cumulative weight allowed in this lodging.||This is a guide, you will be able to override this. The system will give you a warning before it allows you to override.|
|Reservation types||Select the reservation types that you want this lodging to be available for booking into. Select all reservation types that may be assigned to the lodging.||If you have lodgings that are intended particularly for one reservation type (e.g. Deluxe Boarding), but you sometimes want to book other reservation types (e.g. Standard Boarding) into the lodging, please select both reservation types.|
|Lodging type||Lodging type can be used to create a surcharge/discount for a lodging transfer.|
|Select iDogCam Camera||Choose one of your integrated iDogCam Cameras to assign to this lodging||For more information on our iDogCam Camera integration, click here.|
|How many lodgings to create?||For bulk creating lodgings, enter the number of lodgings that you want the system to create with the same name.||If you have sequentially ordered lodgings with the same name (e.g. "Petite Suite 1", "Petite Suite 2", etc.) then you can automatically have Gingr create these lodgings in bulk for you.|
|What's the starting number for this lodging?||For bulk creating lodgings, enter the starting number of the first lodging you are creating.||If you have sequentially ordered lodgings with the same name (e.g. "Petite Suite 1", "Petite Suite 2", etc.), then you will enter the first "number" of lodging that you want to create. For example, if you enter "2" here, then Gingr will create lodgings 2, 3, 4, etc.... for the number of lodgings that you wish to be created.|
Setting up Lodging Types (room transfer charges)
Lodging type can be used to indicate an extra charge or discount if an animal is moved to a different room for a portion of the animals stay. This is best used for facilities who reach boarding capacity often and need to move animals to different rooms for only a small portion of their stay.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Manage Areas/Lodgings » Manage Lodging Types.
Add Lodging Type(s). This is a code that will be used to tag the room. Create a Lodging Type for each type of room that costs a different nightly rate. Name the Lodging Type the same as your Reservation Type for clarity. When using the Lodging Type to help change your pricing, do not display to customers.
- Once you have selected your lodgings, click the Bulk Update Lodgings button in the top right of the page.
- Lodging Type tag to the selected lodgings from the pop-up window. We will use this tag later to create some Pricing Rules. In this example, we are adding the tag "Deluxe" to this room to indicate that it should be charged as a Deluxe room when booked.
- Next, add all the other Reservation Type(s) that you would like to be able to book this lodging. In this example, we are allowing multiple Boarding reservation types to view and book into a Deluxe suite if needed.
Step 3: Create Duplicated Boarding Reservation Types
Create New Duplicated Reservation Type(s) for each Boarding Reservation Type you have in your system. Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation Types and Services Configuration » Create New Reservation Type.
Important! We now must duplicate our Reservation Types for Boarding to prevent a math loop when calculating boarding pricing. These duplicate reservation types will not be seen by customers or staff and will only be used for pricing rules to adjust the boarding rates correctly when a different room type is selected. Since these reservation types are only going to be used for pricing adjustment, only a few settings are necessary.
Name your Reservation Type(s)
Choose something that simply indicates its function and to differentiate it from your other Reservation Types. This will not be seen anywhere but the rates page. So for "Boarding | Deluxe" create a duplicate called "Room Transfer | Deluxe Boarding" so it will be clear which is which on the rates page.
- Choose a Color
This will not be seen and is only necessary to save.
- Show on Customer Sideto "No"
This will hide this from your customers.
- Set Allow New Reservations to "No"
This will hide this from your staff and not allow it to be seen or selected for reservations.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Location Default Rates.
Set rates for duplicated Reservation Types.
This rate should be identical to the rate you charge for the real Reservation Type.
Save Location Default Rates.
Go to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Pricing Rules » choose Type » Copy Rules.
Here we are copying the Pricing Rules for Boarding | Xtra Small to our duplicated Reservation Type called Boarding | Xtra Room Transfer.
Voila! Now all of the same Pricing Rules exist on the Reservation Type for Boarding | Xtra Small Room Transfer.
Step 6: Create the Room Transfer Pricing Rules
Now that we have created the necessary elements to build our room transfer rule, we must now put it all together. For this rule we will select a Reservation Type of one nightly rate and create a rule to indicate if another room of a different rate is selected to allow a pricing adjustment.
- Create Pricing Rule by navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Pricing Rules.
- Select the Normal Reservation Type that is used to book new reservations to which you would like to attach the room transfer rule.
- Add Rule: Select one of the Reservation Types you use for actually booking new reservations.
|Label||This phrase will be displayed in the cart and on the customer's receipt.||We suggest something like "Luxury Room Transfer" or "Standard Room Transfer"|
|Type||This is the type of rule you are using. Rule types are created by Gingr and each has it's own set of parameters that cannot be customized. This list will change over time as new rules are developed.||Select the Lodging Type|
|Value||Indicates when the type of rule is applied. The Value will depend on the rule.||Use the Lodging Type tag associated with a different room of a different nightly rate.|
This indicates how the surcharge or discount is applied. Your options are: Dollar Amount, Percentage, Service, or Reservation Type
Choose Reservation Type
|This indicates how much you would like to surcharge or discount (or which service is being given to the customer). This field will change between "amount" and "service," depending on the discount method.||Choose the Duplicated Reservation Type for the other room type(s) that you have selected as the Lodging Type.
For instance if you choose Standard Room as the Lodging Type, select Standard | Room Transfer as the Reservation Type. If you choose the Boarding Standard reservation type, the system will going into a loop trying to figure out what the room costs and the rules will not function.
Understanding the Estimate:
These difference totals will change based on multiple dog discounts and other pricing rules but will not display these discounts/charges as a separate line item for those nights.
|Lodging weight variance||
You may enter a number in this field to represent a percentage of a pet's weight that the Lodging system will allow a variance for. For example, if you enter 25 in this field (for 25%), and a pet's weight is 50 Lbs, the system will check for and display lodgings with a maximum weight between 36 and 63 Lbs.
If you have a lodging set with a maximum weight of 80 Lbs, by adding a variance, the system will show you lodgings with a maximum weight relatively close to 80 Lbs.