Overview: What are we talking about?
This article will describe how to set up your additional service option add-ons. Services Options are services that can be added to an Additional Service.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- In Gingr, additional services are services that are scheduled during a reservation. For example, a Full Groom service that is scheduled for a Grooming reservation type is considered an additional service (“Grooming” is considered the “reservation type”). Additional services can have optional add-ons (called Service Options) which allow customers to customize and add on to the service that they are scheduling with you.
- As an example, a customer might schedule a “Grooming” reservation for a “Bath and Brush” service and choose to add a “Nail Dremel” to the Bath and Brush.
- A single Service Option can be tagged to multiple additional services so there is no need to create duplicated service options.
- All admin users have access to the admin page controlling these settings. Additionally, admin users are able to delegate this particular admin page to other user groups. Non-admin users with access to this page will be able to make edits that affect all locations in the app. For more information see our article on User Groups and Permissions.
Video Overview: Service Options
Set it Up: Let's get started.
Step 1: Set up service options.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Reservation Types and Services Configuration and locate the additional service that you want to create an add-on for by selecting the Booking Category > Reservation Type > Allowed Service > + Add Option.
- Click + Add Option. Note that once you have service options set up, you can also use the Default Options button to designate add-on options that will be automatically applied to this additional service when it's added to this reservation type.
- If you have already created a service option add-on for another service and also want it to be available on this one, you can add that same service option here by selecting it under “Allow an existing service option.” If you need to create a a new service, click on the grey Create a New Service Option box.
- To customize the service option settings, reference the field guide below and make any adjustments as necessary. The settings are grouped together in sections to help you find what you need, and a description is displayed for each setting to help you understand what it does.
Field Guide: A guide to all service option settings
|The name that will be displayed both internally and on the Customer Portal.
|Select which location(s) this type of option should be available for
|Include any information the customer will need to know about the details of the service and its pricing. For grooming services, the description can help describe the pricing expectations.
|This section can include Pictures, Tables, Website links, and more!
If enabled tax will be applied to this service on invoices.
|Manage tax rate and tax settings in mass under Admin » Tax Settings.
|Optionally indicate which account code the charges for this booking type should be reported on.
|Account Codes can be set under Admin > Account Codes
|Include in Commission
|If enabled, the service will be included in the commission calculated for services completed by a specialist.
|Customer Portal Options
|Show on Customer Side
When enabled customers can see and add this service to their reservation request from the customer portal.
|You will see this as "disabled" on your end, but it's not visible to customers.
|Power User Settings
|Deletes the service.
How to: Set the base rate.
Important! If the price of this service varies per pet, leave the base rate at $0.00.
- Click the Rates icon under the name of the additional service that service option is attached to on a reservation type.
- Choose your location. Important! If you have more than one location, you’ll want to set the rate for this service option at any of the locations that you offer this type of service.
- Click the Additional Services tab.
- Set the base rate for the add ons attached to this additional service.
- Click Save Rates.