This article includes:
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions About Subscriptions
- The package setting Use For Subscription removes the package from being able to be sold as needed. If you would like to have a package that can be used for subscriptions AND to is sold as needed, you will need to create two packages and set one to be used for subscriptions and one not.
- Due to Mastercard and Visa Subscription policies, you cannot disable the Subscription Purchase Receipt Email template and cannot disable the Annual Subscription Renewal Reminder Email template. Do not remove the instructions on how to contact the facility to cancel the subscription in order to remain compliant.
- Upon creating a subscription, the system will: Charge the card on file for the price of the package, Generate a receipt, add the package to the customer's account, send the Invoice Email template, and send the Subscription Purchase Receipt Email template.
- Seven days prior to renewal the Subscription Renewal Reminder Email template will be sent if the toggle is enabled for the particular subscription frequency from Left-hand Navigation: Admin » System Email. The annual subscription frequency renewal reminder cannot be turned off.
- Upon renewal, the system will: Attempt to charge the customer the price of the package at the set interval.
- If the charge is successful: generate a receipt, send the Invoice email template, & add the package to the customer's account.
- If the charge for the subscription fails, the system will retry the charge once per day for 5 days. If the payment still fails, the system will automatically cancel the subscription after the 5th attempt. The Notification "Subscription Failed Payment" will display after the final attempt for users in a Group that are set to have that notification permission.
- If a subscription is automatically canceled you must manually restart the subscription.
- If you use multiple credit card processors, charges for subscriptions will go through your preferred processor, as set up under Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Credit Card Processing
- You can configure user groups to receive a notification when there is a failed subscription payment. Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Groups and turn on the Notification: Subscription Failed Payment permission.
- This permission can be local to only the location where the package is for or can be global, meaning a notification will display at all locations when a customer's payment fails.
- For more information see our article on App Notifications.
How to: Create a New Subscription Type
On the Packages page, you can create a new package or subscription. A subscription is a package type with the setting Use for Subscriptions enabled. Use the Field Guide below to assist you in setting up your new package.
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Packages.
- Click +Add to create a new package.
- Fill out the short form using the Field Guide below.
- Click Save.
|Location||Select your location.|
|Name||This is the name of your package. It is shown to customers on receipts and on the customer portal.|
|Description||Optionally enter a description that can be displayed on the customer portal when a customer purchases a package from the customer portal.|
|Quantity||The number of credits the package should have.||It is possible to sell 0 credits - this will create a subscription that charges the set price for no credits. The package will show on the customer's expired package list upon renewal.|
|Reservation Type||The type of reservation this package applies to.|
|Price||This is the total price for each package (not per credit).|
|Status||If enabled (Yes/On), it will be available for purchase.|
|Subscription Days||the subscriptions expiration date will automatically be set to the day of the next billing||
The package expires at midnight after the expiration date. Packages cannot be unexpired.
|Is taxed||If you apply tax to this sale, select 'yes/on.'||To charge tax for packages, you must also go to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Tax Settings select to charge tax on packages.|
|Email days before expiration||If you want the "Package Expiration Email" to send a number of days before a customer's package's expiration date, enter the number of days here.||If this field is left blank no reminder email will be sent.|
|Email remaining count threshold||If you want the "Package Expiration Email" to send when a customer gets down to a certain number of credits, enter that number here.||If this field is left blank no reminder email will be sent.|
|Use Pricing Rules on other Reservation Types||If enabled and the package is applied to a different type of reservation, it will pull the assigned reservation types pricing rules.
This requires the system-wide setting "Allow packages on any type" to be enabled
|Example: When applying a daycare package credit to a multiple pet boarding reservation with daycare attached the package credit will apply at a value equal to one day of daycare including any daycare multiple pet discounts.|
|Use for subscriptions||Enable this setting if this package type should be available for recurring subscriptions.|
|Hourly Credit||Enable this setting if this package type is used for a reservation type set to Charge by Hour.||Example: 3 credits would be applied for 3 hours of daycare.|
|Subscription Days Start Upon First Use||Enable this setting if this package should begin to expire upon the first use. If disabled, expiration will begin from the sale date.|
|Can Purchase Through Customer Portal||
Can customers purchase this package from the customer portal?
|The online purchase of packages through the customer portal requires Gingr's integrated credit card processing.|
For subscription-based packages, determines the frequency of renewal
|Weekly and bi-weekly will renew on the same day of the week. Monthly will renew on the same day of the month. Annually will renew on the same calendar day of the year (if the date does not exist such as leap year it would renew on the following date).|
Optionally set the associated account code for the package
|To set up account codes, navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Account Codes|
How to: Sell Package Subscriptions
- Charge the card on file for the price of the package.
- Generate a receipt.
- Add the package to the customer's account. The package's expiration date will be set to the day of the next billing (either +7 days for weekly subscriptions, +14 days for bi-weekly subscriptions, next month’s day of the month, or the next year's same calendar date).
- Send the Invoice Email template.
- Send the Subscription Purchase Receipt Email template.
To start a subscription:
- Navigating to Left-hand Navigation: Point of Sale » Sell Retail and Packages.
- Clicking the New Subscription button in the Packages header.
|Step 1: Select an Owner||Select the owner account to connect the package subscription|
|Step 2: Select a Package||Only packages with the setting Use for Subscriptions enabled will be displayed||
|Step 3: Select a Frequency||
Select how often this package purchase will renew
Enter a future date if the package subscription should not start now.
Leave blank if subscription should start now.
|Payment will run on the date entered.|
|Until this date||
Enter a future date for when the package purchase should cease.
Leave Blank To Continue Indefinitely.
How to: Cancel Package Subscriptions
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription on the report and click the action dropdown.
- Choose Cancel Subscription from the options.
From the Owner Profile:
- Navigate to the Owner's Profile.
- Find the Subscription you'd like to cancel in the packages section.
- Choose Cancel Subscription from the action menu.
Article is closed for comments.