Overview: What are we talking about?
Quick Navigation is a great way to rapidly navigate to your favorite and recently visited pages. The icons on the left side of the screen are customizable per user and the list on the right side of the screen are your recently visited pages. You can open the navigation overlay by clicking on the background of the (usually) red header bar of Gingr (anything but the logo, search box, etc..). On a mobile device, double-tap the header.
Set it Up: Let's get started.
Customizing Quick Navigation Icons
Each User can customize the icons on the left side of the screen with icons that link to pages in Gingr. Here's how:
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More (Book Icon) » Users » Actions » Quick Navigation.
- Click the Quick Navigation Item button.
Choose an icon. Want to see a full list of supported icons? Click here.
- In another tab, find the page in Gingr you want the icon to represent and copy the URL bar from the address bar in your browser, then paste it into the URL field. Here we are creating an icon for the Services by Date report.
- Then, click Save and go back one page. (Then refresh the previous page.) This icon will now link to the URL of your choice in your Quick Navigation! You can get around Gingr quickly by clicking on the header, then your icons of recently visited pages.
- The right side of the page lists the last 10 pages you've visited in Gingr.