Overview: What are we talking about?
Immunization/Vaccination records are crucial to the health of your business, so Gingr has made it easy for you to keep accurate immunization records of each pet you care for by integrating these records into the app. In this article, you will learn how to identify expired immunization records, update records, and how to book reservations for pets with expired immunization records.
This article includes:
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
If the send immunization email setting is turned on on your System-Wide Settings page, customers will receive an email 30 days prior to any of their pets' required immunization records expiring.
Important! If this setting is turned on when you turn on your Global Email setting, ALL CUSTOMERS WHOSE PETS HAVE EXPIRED RECORDS IN YOUR APP WILL BE EMAILED.
- Updating immunization records requires the can manage immunizations user permission is turned on for the user.
- If the immunization type is required, but you do not have current records for it: enter the last known expiration date or the current date and type a note to explain why. This is to be done at your own discretion.
How to: Manage Immunizations Records.
If a pet has expired or missing immunization records that are required for their species, their name will display in most places in the app with a red shield icon beneath it. If a pet has required immunization records that will expire within 30 days, their name will display in most places in the app with a yellow shield icon beneath it.
Immunizations that are not required will not trigger yellow or red shield icons.
Making Reservations for Pets with Expired Immunizations
Immunization records for pets can be updated from both the Shield Icons on the dashboard and the Animal's Profile page.
Important! Be sure to enter the date that the immunization expires. These dates are most commonly referred to on vet records as "due dates" or "reminders," but may also say "expiration."
Update by Clicking Shield Icons:
- Click on the red or yellow shield icon, wherever it displays:
- This will open a panel where you can update the pet's immunization records. Entering notes is optional.
Red backgrounds indicate required records that are either expired or missing.
Yellow backgrounds indicate records that will be expiring within 30 days.
White backgrounds indicate records that are either current or are optional (not required).
- Red backgrounds indicate required records that are either expired or missing.
FAQ: Check this out!
Can I view owner files instead of downloading them?
When you click the Download File button for a file on an Owner's page, your browser may download the file when you really just want to view it. We understand! What happens when you click that "Download File" button will be different depending on four things:
- Your browser (i.e. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)
- Your operating system (i.e. Windows 7, MacOS, iOS, Android...)
- The settings in your browser and operating system.
- The File Type.
For example, in Chrome for MacOS, with the default settings, PDF and .png files open a new tab, where you can view the file, as well as download it, whereas the browser will just download a .MOV file instead of letting you view it in another tab.
Personalized browser configurations (i.e. pop-up blockers, spam filters, etc.) may cause issues when attempting to view owner files. However, we've built it so that, regardless of your browser, operating system, or file type, you can view the file, provided your settings allow.