Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr is integrated with a service called Kisi (www.getkisi.com). Kisi's service allows you an easy-to-manage system to regulate security at your building or at work by allowing keyless entry.
Set it Up: Let's get started.
How to Subscribe To Kisi
Signing up for Kisi is easy! Follow the steps below to get started:
- Contact Angela Hwang at Kisi to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After speaking with Kisi and signing up, continue to the next section.
Most all set-up should be done during your onboarding with Kisi. These are the key set-up instructions that will need to be set-up prior to inputting your Kisi API into Gingr:
- Navigate to web.getkisi.com and login
- Place should already exist for you (kisi sets this up)
- Click on your place (rename it if desired)
- Go to Settings » Hardware and configure the Pro Reader & Controller. Nothing Gingr specific here, Kisi should be able to guide you on setup.
- Under Settings » Hardware » Pro Reader » Phone Readers » Beacon 1/2, enable the "Tap to Unlock" option so that users can use the Kisi ios/Android app, tap, and gain access.
- Go to Settings » Doors and configure a door. Nothing Gingr specific here, Kisi should be able to guide you on setup.
- Go to Top Navigation: Groups and click Add Group.
- Give the group a name and then select the Door we configured in Step 6.
- Gingr recommends enabling the following settings on the Group
- Geofence restriction (users can only unlock with the app when the device is physically close to the lock)
- Primary device restriction (users can only use one device at a time to unlock the door, depends on your business needs).
- Time restriction (users can only unlock with the app during normal business hours).
- Go to Top Right Navigation: My Account » Logins. Under My API Keys, click Add API Key. Name it Gingr and click Create Api Key. Then, click "Show API Secret Key" next to the key we just created. Copy the secret to your clipboard.
How to Integrate with Kisi
Gingr's integration with Kisi allows you to control what customers have access to certain areas of your facility:
- Create a package that allows the owner to have access to certain areas of the facility for a certain number of times.
Follow the steps below to complete the Kisi » Gingr integration:
- Navigate to your Gingr app and log in
- Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Kisi and paste your Kisi API Key (In Kisi, this can be found: Go to Top Right Navigation » My Account » Logins. Under My API Keys, click Add API Key.