You can create Deactivation Reasons to be selected when a pet has been rehomed, banned, deceased, etc. This article will cover how to manage the Deactivation Reasons feature to create and edit reasons why a pet was marked as deactivated.
This article includes:
- Setting Up Deactivation Reasons
- How to Mark a Pet as Deactivated
- Accessing the Deactivation Reasons Report
Helpful Hints: Before you begin.
- Only those in the Admin user group are able to set up and manage Deactivation Reasons.
- All animals that were already deactivated prior to the release of this feature on January 26, 2021 will have no deactivation reason assigned and will also not have a deactivation timestamp recorded in the system.
How to: Set up your deactivation reasons.
This section will guide you through how to configure your deactivation reasons. By the end of this section, you will have a clear understanding of how to completely define this list by deleting, editing, and adding as many deactivation reasons as you'd like.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Admin » Deactivation Reasons.
Click the Add Deactivation Reasons button.
- Label the deactivation reason and select Save or Save And Add Another.
- Select the pencil icon on the left under the Actions column to edit existing deactivation reasons.
How to: Mark a pet as deactivated.
By the end of this section, you will have a clear understanding of how to select a deactivation reason to mark a pet as deactivated.
Navigate to the Animal Profile and select the pencil icon to edit the Animal.
Locate the Deactivated setting to select Yes.
- A new field will pop up called Deactivated Pet Reason. Click the drop-down list and choose from one of the deactivated reasons.
- Select Save to set the reason. A timestamp will automatically be logged for when the animal was deactivated.
Important! All animals that were already deactivated prior to the release of this feature on January 26, 2021 will have no deactivation reason assigned and will also not have a deactivation timestamp recorded in the system.
How to: access the Deactivation Reasons Report.
This section will guide you through how to use the Deactivation Reasons Report to generate a list of animals that were deactivated within a specific time period.
Navigate to Left-hand Navigation: Reports & More » Reports » Deactivation Reasons.
Click directly onto the box below the Deactivation Reasons parameter to select one or more of your Deactivation Reasons. You have the option to click on the "Select All" button on the right to choose all of your deactivation reasons.
- Set the date parameters of your report by selecting the Deactivated From and Deactivated To date range.
- Select Generate Report.
Pro-tip: To see a list of animals that are currently deactivated in your system with no reason assigned, select "No Reason" for the Deactivation Reasons parameter and check the tick box for Include animals with no deactivation date? setting before generating the report. New deactivation reasons can be selected for animals directly from this report by choosing from the drop-down menu for each animal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.