Overview: What are we talking about?
To fully enable your Gingr Payments account and receive payouts, you must provide bank account information. You can add multiple accounts to Gingr Payments, however only one account can be selected as your default payout account. The default account cannot be deleted unless new account information is provided and selected as the new default account. This article will review how to change your default bank account.
- Gingr Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Gingr Payments
- Gingr Payments Dashboard
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- Configuring Gingr Payments and Accepting Payments
How to: Change your default bank account
1. Navigate to Book Icon » Reports » Gingr Payments Dashboard » Account & Details:
2. In the Bank Account section of the Account & Details screen, click the +Add button.
- Two options will display - 1. Add Bank Account (Preferred, Instant & Secure) and 2. Add Bank Account (Manual Verification). Select the method you’d like to use to continue the verification process.
- Add Bank Account (Preferred, Instant & Secure): This option is for US customers only and uses Plaid to connect to your bank account using your bank account login information. You will be prompted to enter your bank account online ID (username) and password. This method is more secure because you are required to input your bank account login credentials.
- Add Bank Account (Manual Verification): This option requires the manual entry of your bank account number and routing number. Stripe will then verify the bank account information you provided. This option will take longer and leave more room for human error. If bank account information (account number and/or routing number) is entered incorrectly, Stripe may flag your account delaying this process.
Some countries in Europe (most EU countries) use IBAN accounts which do not have account/sort codes. Customers in these countries should not input anything in those fields and only enter their IBAN account numbers in the account number field.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will have two bank accounts displaying in the Bank Account section on the Account Detail screen. Click on the three dots (ellipsis) for the newly added bank account.
4. Select “Make default for currency” for the newly added bank account.
5. Now the newly added bank account with display as your default. Next, you will want to remove the “old” bank account from the system. Click on the three dots (ellipsis) for the “old” bank account and select "Remove" from the displayed options.
Once you have completed all the steps above, your updated bank account should be the only account displaying in the Bank Account section. You have successfully changed your bank account on file for Gingr Payments and your payouts will now send to the new account information you provided.