Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr Payments is our newest and most comprehensive payment processing integration to date for Gingr customers. Gingr Payments infrastructure is powered by Stripe, which is an industry-leader for payment management and fraud protection. Gingr Payments has an advantage over our other payment integrations because it is the only integration that you can manage from within your Gingr app. It also offers synced, in-person payments with terminal for our US, Canadian, and UK customers.
Signing up super easy! Most people can get set up in less than 10 minutes with instantaneous approval. This article will walk you through the signup process in order to start accepting card payments with Gingr Payments.
- Gingr Payments Overview
- Gingr Payments Dashboard
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- Configuring Gingr Payments and Accepting Payments
How to: Sign up for Credit Card Processing
1. Check your user permissions under Book Icon» Reports » Groups. The Can Modify Stripe Verification Data permission will need to selected for your user group if it isn't already.
2. Navigate to Book Icon » Reports » Gingr Payments Dashboard:
Read through and sign the Customer Agreement on this page to continue.
3. You will be redirected to our payment onboarding form. In the Type of business dropdown, select the applicable type based on how your business is set up (individual, sole proprietor, LLC, etc.) and then click Next. Complete all required fields and click Done to be redirected to your Gingr app.
4. Now you will need to click the button to Add Bank Account information in order to be able to receive payouts.
- Two options will display - 1. Add Bank Account (Preferred, Instant & Secure) and 2. Add Bank Account (Manual Verification). Select the method you’d like to use to continue the verification process.
- Add Bank Account (Preferred, Instant & Secure): This option is for US customers only and uses Plaid to connect to your bank account using your bank account login information. You will be prompted to enter your bank account online ID (username) and password. This method is more secure because you are required to input your bank account login credentials.
- Add Bank Account (Manual Verification): This option requires the manual entry of your bank account number and routing number. Stripe will then verify the bank account information you provided. This option will take longer and leave more room for human error. If bank account information (account number and/or routing number) is entered incorrectly, Stripe may flag your account delaying this process.
Some countries in Europe (most EU countries) use IBAN accounts which do not have account/sort codes. Customers in these countries should not input anything in those fields and only enter their IBAN account numbers in the account number field.
5. Once your bank account details have been added using one of the methods above, your Gingr Payments Account screen will display as enabled and you are now fully integrated with Gingr Payments!
In some instances additional information may be required in order to complete your account setup, and if this is the case you will see a notification message at the top of your Gingr Payments screen. Continue to provide all necessary information until the status displays as enabled in order to complete your setup.
Can I use Gingr Payments & CardConnect at the same time?
Yes! Both processors can be used in Gingr at the same time. If you are going to use both processors, make sure to mark your preferred processor as outlined in this article: Configuring Gingr Payments and Accepting Payments.
Can customers leave tips on Stripe terminals?
Yes, on-reader tipping is available with the WisePOS E terminal in the US, UK, and CA.
What card types are accepted with Gingr Payments?
Gingr Payments can accept most types of credit and debit cards in the United States. For businesses in Canada, Interac debit cards cannot be accepted via the card terminal at this time. Interac cards can only be used via manual entry in Gingr.