Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr Payments powered by Stripe is a payment processing solution that has a credit card terminal that fully syncs to Gingr for our US, Canadian, and UK customers. This article will review how to set up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) to Gingr Payments.
*Important: The Verifone P400 terminal is no longer available to purchase effective September 14, 2021, however customers who already have the terminal can continue to use it. Stripe will provide customer support and critical software updates for the Verifone P400 through the end of 2023, but does not plan to introduce new features for these devices.
STOP! - Do you currently have a Stripe Terminal (Verifone P400) but you have recently switched to Gingr Payments? Click HERE for an article on how to repurpose your existing terminal.
- Gingr Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Gingr Payments
- How to Order a Stripe Credit Card Terminal for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Gingr Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- Gingr Payments Dashboard
- Configuring Gingr Payments and Accepting Payment
How to: Setup your Verifone P400
- When you receive your newly purchased Verifone P400, three pieces of hardware should be included: the terminal, the power adapter, and the connector cable.
- First, you will want to attach the connector cable to the terminal. On the back of the terminal, open the cover by pulling up away on the tab to expose the connector cable port. With the cover open you can now attach the connector cable and place the cover back onto your terminal.
- Next, you will plug the power adapter into the connector cable.
- After these first 3 steps, your power adapter should be plugged into the connector cable and your connector cable should also be plugged into your terminal. You can now plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
5. Your Verifone P400 should automatically turn on when connected to power. If you see a Registration Code, make a note of the number since you will need that in a later step. Next, you will want to connect the terminal to your business WiFi. *If you rather not connect to your business WiFi, you can also choose to directly attach your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router. If you choose this method, use the port on the connecter cable labeled ETH.
- If you are setting up a new device, follow the on-screen prompts to connect to the internet using WiFi. If you need to start over for any reason, press the red X button on the keypad. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
- If you are switching networks, or connecting an already online terminal to a WiFi network, press 0WIFI (0-9-4-3-4) on the keypad and follow the prompts. To enter your network's password, use the multi-tap functionality on the terminal's keypad.
*Please note: Your WiFi network must use WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal encryption and be password protected. WiFi is not supported for non-password-protected networks or enterprise networks. If your WiFi network is not supported, you will need to directly link your connector cable to an ethernet cable and to your router.
6. Once your terminal is powered on and you are connected to the internet, you can connect your terminal to your Gingr app. Navigate to Book Icon » Reports » Gingr Payments Dashboard. Alternatively, you can also provision terminals from Admin » Credit Card Processing » Gingr Payments Terminals » + Add Terminal.
7. On the left side, select Card Readers and then click the blue Add Terminal button.
8. Once you click the Add Terminal button, you will be prompted to provide a Registration Code and Label.
- Registration Code: This code can be found on your Stripe terminal screen when you first turn the device on. If for some reason you do not see a code, simply key in 07139 to have a new code generated for you.
- Label: This will be the name of the device as it appears in Gingr.
9. Once you have entered your Registration Code and Label, click the blue Add Terminal button. Now your Stripe credit card terminal (Verifone P400) is connected to Gingr Payments!
If you run into any issues setting up your Stripe credit card terminal (Verifone P400), please contact our Support Team to assist with troubleshooting at email@example.com.