Overview: What are we talking about?
Gingr Payments powered by Stripe is a payment processing solution that has a credit card terminal that fully syncs to Gingr for customers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. This article will review how to place an order for a Stripe Terminal. Please note that a user must be in the Admin user group and have the Group Permission “Can View Financial Reports” to order a terminal.
STOP! - Do you currently have a Stripe Terminal (Verifone P400) but you have recently switched to Gingr Payments? Click HERE for an article on how to repurpose your existing terminal.
- Gingr Payments Overview
- How to Sign Up for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (WisePOS E) for Gingr Payments
- How to Set Up your Stripe Credit Card Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- How to Repurpose your Stripe Terminal (Verifone P400) for Gingr Payments
- Gingr Payments Dashboard
How to: Ordering Hardware
Currently, Stripe terminals are available for customers in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. Customers in these countries can order hardware directly from their Gingr app by following the steps below.
Please note that a user must have Admin permissions to order a terminal.
1. Navigate to Book icon » Reports » Gingr Payments Dashboard. Alternatively, terminals can also be ordered from Admin » Credit Card Processing » Gingr Payments Terminals » + Add Terminal.
2. On the left hand side of this page, click Card Readers » + Add Terminal.
3. On the Add Terminal window, select the Order Terminal button.
4. In the pop-up window select the hardware you want to purchase. Complete the recipient and shipping information and then click Continue to Payment.
5. Next you will be prompted to enter your payment information. Once submitted, your completed order will display under your “Order History."
Can customers leave tips on Stripe terminals?
Yes, on-reader tipping is available with the WisePOS E terminal in the US, UK, and CA. IMPORTANT: Tips cannot be applied using credit cards on file.
Can credit cards on file be pushed to the terminal for payment?
No, credit cards on file can be run for payment within Gingr, but cannot be pushed to the terminal for payment.
What card types are accepted with Gingr Payments?
Gingr Payments can accept most types of credit and debit cards in the United States. For businesses in Canada, Interac debit cards can be accepted via the card terminal and manual entry.